II. i missed you

you woke up to an excited redhead waking you up.

"y/n, get up! we've arrived, i cant give you a tour around liyue!" he exclaimed.

you looked at him, to see he's already packed your stuff away into your bags.

"jeez, i got it, i got it," you waved him away, and rubbed your eyes and got up.

"i need to change, and don't you dare look."

you stared at him, holding up your electro vision.

"right, sorry.." he looked very scared.

you changed into a red dress and some black shoes, and tied your hair into a ponytail.

"alright, i'm ready, you can turn around now."

he turned around and complimented you.

"you look gorgeous." he winked, and you pinched his cheek, and he sighed in defeat, holding his cheek.

"so are you gonna leave or what?"

you said, staring at the boy, zoomed out.

"right! sorry. haha." he apologised,  and followed you out, and you payed the sailor, and walked out onto the bustling, famous liyue harbour wharf. you smelt grilled tiger fish, perfume and some other scents like flowers.

"childe, i don't need touring, you go do what you want, i'll be fine."

"okay, y/n. see you soon!" he said, waving and running away.

you walked around liyue and saw this very fancy restaurant, and you walked in, and ordered the special, some kind of soup. you walked around the corner and saw childe and this brown haired boy.

"ah! y/n, fancy meeting you here. come sit!" he said, waving.

you walked over, and the brown haired boy greeted you.

"hello, y/n. my name is zhongli, i hope you enjoy your stay here in liyue." he said, smiling.

"thanks, zhongli!" you said, smiling.

the food arrived and you and zhongli chowed down on your food.

"hey, childe, why arent you eating?"you asked, as he stare down at his noodles.

"i... don't know how to use chopsticks" he said, scratching the back of his neck.

you and zhongli laughed and continued to eat while childe stared at you two, annoyed.

"hey, zhongli, do you know anywhere i could stay?" you asked.

"hm. well, i do know a friend that's looking for a roommate. i can give you his address." he stated.

"thanks a lot, zhongli! you're a life saver, really." 

"well, it's nothing really. i'm just helping a friend of mine." he said, patting your head.

you finished your food, and got up and zhongli gave you the address, and you said your farewells and headed to the address.

as you walked through the streets, you finally found the apartment and walked up the red stairs and knocked, and no one answered so you opened the door and shouted.

"hey, is there anyone here?!" 

no answer. you put your bags down and walked around the cozy apartment. 

you went up the stairs to hear a faint sound, maybe showering. you thought best not to disturb your potential new roommate, and you went back downstairs and waited at the door, and you went on your phone.

you heard the shower stop running, some bustling and you heard someone come downstairs.

"um, sorry, what are you doing here?" the deep, yet calming voice said.

you looked up from your phone to see him. the boy you had despised.

kazuha.

"oh hell no." you said, and his mouth  dropped at the sight of you.

"y/n? how did you find me..."

"screw that zhongli guy." you walked back out, bags on your back, super agitated. you slammed the door behind you, and gave it a kick.

"guess i'll have to stay with zhongli or something." you angrily said. 

what... hey, where my phone... you tapped your pockets, and realised you'd set it down on the table in kazuha s apartment. great! just my luck.

you couldn't really go anywhere without that thing. so you went back up, just to get your phone. nothing else. 

you knocked on the door, and he opened it.

"y/n! you came back!" he said, and opened his arms to hug you.

"we're not children  anymore. i've come here because i forgot my phone." you stated, matter-of-factly.

"y/n, i'm sorry i left you." he sighed.

"k."

you reached the doorway and put your hand on the knob, just to feel someone twist you.

"y/n, please look at me.." he said, tears in his eyes.

you were baffled.

he has the audacity to cry when i'm the heartbroken one.

you scoffed.

he pulled you into a tight hug, and whispered into your ear, and said

"don't leave me... he already has, i don't want to lose someone so precious to me again."

you pushed him away.

"maybe if you'd missed me that much, you would've actually written to me!" you shouted back at him, his mouth gaped open in horror.

"and maybe, just MAYBE if you hadn't of chosen that stupid guy over me, we wouldn't be fighting right now! but no, you decided to choose some random guy, over your childhood best friend! you're just an immature, foolish kid! now, don't come chasing after me, got it?" you bellowed back at him.

"y/n..."

"enough of your sick excuses."

you picked up your stuff and left.

angst on the second chapter? yep.