- The Insect and the Giant. - [MAIN STORY CANON]

-

This is basically Liam's backstory on how he got kidnapped, plus some extra stuff.😎
Liam and Evelyn both belong to WhydidIputhishere

-

[--Start--]

It was noon.

The sun was at its peak in the blue cloudless sky, its bright yellow tinted rays penetrated through the tall pine trees that towered over a small wooden cabin.

A man sat on the stairs of the cabin's porch, smoke whisped from his lips as he inhaled its toxic fumes.
His icey blue eyes were clouded with thought, as they gazed blankly down the gravel road in front of him.

His long fingers traced his jaw as he inhaled from his cigarette again.

-

It had been a week or so since I had last been outside.

I spent the majority of my time in the dark basement beneath my cabin, or his house.
Work had kept me away from my lab, and it frustrated me.

I was so close to bringing her back.
So many innocent souls would be gone to waste if I wasn't able to continue my plan.

I rubbed my heavy eyes as I inhaled again.
The bitter taste of tobacco stung my throat and burned my lungs.

I had already gone through three packs earlier today. Smoking seemed to be the only thing keeping me awake, and helping me to tolerate the cruel teasing from Robert and his son.

I grimaced at the thought of him.

He was set out to stop me, and his son alike.
He knew my weak spots and he liked to prod at them often, seeing just how far he could go before I snapped on him.

I tried to not let him stall my plans, but I found it difficult with him constantly looming over me.

I flicked glowing embers off the end of my cigarette, crushing them beneath my foot as they landed on the wooden steps of the porch.
I watched them as they settled into the wood, in-graining into the rough brown exterior leaving small black scorch marks in their place.

I glanced at the long paper wrapped tobacco in my hand as it slowly shrunk down.
I tossed it onto the gravel and watched as it fizzed out, I waited till the smoke had whisped away before I stood up and turned to enter the cabin.

-

I shut the wooden door behind me as I turned to gaze into the dark room of the cabin.
I had left all of the lights off upstairs, as I never entered here often anymore anyways.

The afternoon suns rays pierced through the dusty glass window to my right.
It highlighted the living room in a yellow tint.

I hastily made my way out of the living room and into the kitchen.
There was barely anything on the counter, the sink was piled with dishes and the counters were covered in papers and books.

I paused to gaze around at the heaps of due chores.
I turned my head to gaze at the fridge, a small rumble formed in my stomach.

I hadn't remembered the last time I had eaten a full meal, my days consisted of small snacks usually.
The fridge was practically empty, a few empty containers once full of fresh food were now black with mold or completely empty.

I sighed and shut the fridge door, turning to make my way back into the basment.
As I did, I passed by the small table that centered the room of the kitchen, more papers with crossed out ideas and loose writing were scattered all over it.