// chapter six //

It was the start of a new semester at NYU, and for the first semester I decided to take my classes online. I wanted to see wheat the curriculum would be like from the comfort of my own apartment. It also gave me more time to go visit Tello whenever I wanted. We would always meet on my roof and then he would take me to some amazing place that only he would have found.

Tonight was no exception. I changed into comfortable jeans and one of my favorite t-shirts, then slipped on my checked vans before ascending the fire escape to the roof. Once up there, I saw him sitting in the pile of pillows reading one of my favorite books. He had this look on his face whenever he was really concentrated, his eyebrows furrowed slightly, mouth slightly open, and his eyes would be darting back and forth going a million miles an hour.

"Tello, you know that I love that book right?"

"Of course, that is why I am reading it." He smiles at me as he sets the book down and stands up to give me a hug. I close my eyes and enjoy the hug. As cheesy and cliché as it is, I feel every little frustration and negative thing disappear when he envelopes me in his arms.

"What are we doing tonight?"

"How do you feel about going down to meet my dad? Splinter, that is?" His chest vibrated when he spoke.

"Donatello, I would love that. I just wish you told me sooner, so I could change into something more fitting to meet him." I laughed at the end.

"Sweetheart, you could wear rags and look like a queen."

"Okay, Tello. That was really cheesy."

"But you liked it~."

"Yeah, I guess." I chuckled as we finally pulled away from our hug.

"Okay, you ready to see my home?"

"As ready as I will ever be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This place is AMAZING! You didn't tell me you lived in such an awesome place!" This place was so cool. There was a wall of TVs so they could surveille as many places as needed so they could help the city out when there was an issue. Each turtle had their own nook to call theirs with their colors painted all over their respective creative rooms.

I could see the shine in Tello's eyes as he saw me looking around at his home. I loved seeing their personalities so explicitly present in what they loved to do. I especially loved the wall of boomboxes that I know for a fact was Mikey's idea. I could hear the sound of Chopsticks being played on a piano, and looked over to where the TVs were. There I saw the aforementioned turtle watching a video of a cat playing Chopsticks with chopsticks.

"Mikey, this is awesome! Where did you find this video?"

"Dudette! I just found it on YouTube, and I am lovin' it!"

"That is awesome."

I felt Tello behind me now, and he placed his hand on the small of my back. I turned and smiled at him, which he returned.

"Let's go meet Master Splinter, baby?" I blushed at the new nickname he assigned to me.

"Okay, Donnie."

We made our way to the other side of the "lair", passing by Raphael and Leo. Raph was on the phone, presumably with Desi, and it seemed like a really lovey conversation due to the faces Raph was making.

"You ready, Lae?"

"Of course, Tello. He is your father, and I am so happy I am finally meeting the person responsible for raising you."