Chapter 8

"Mother." Loki looked at the woman and smiled slightly. Frigga walked over to Loki and hugged him warmly.
"I'm glad to finally see you again, Loki." Frigga pulled back and smiled at her son. "Who did you bring with you?"
"James Barnes, but you can call me Bucky, ma'am.", introduced Bucky and Loki had to chuckle. He looked at Loki, confused, and Loki leaned over to Bucky.
"She's the queen of Asgard." He explained quietly and Bucky seemed visibly embarrassed.
"And you?" Frigga asked Y/N, who had remained silent until now.
"I am Y/N, your majesty." Said Y/N, smiling. "I'm Bucky's and Loki's friend." She tried to sound brave, but it looked completely different inside her.
"Ah, you're friends with them." Frigga tried to clarify. Loki went to Y/N's side and took her hand in his. He held it against his chest.
"What Y/N means is that we are both courting her." Explained Loki and Y/N would have loved to sink into the ground from Frigga's gaze.
"So she hasn't decided between you two yet?" Tried Frigga further, looking back and forth between Loki and Bucky. Now Bucky stepped in as well and took Y/N's hand in his as well.
"She has decided, and she has decided for both Loki and me." Bucky now declared definitively and Y/N looked at the floor. She wasn't ashamed of Loki and Bucky, but she hated explaining their relationship to someone only to have them look at her reproachfully and judge her. But Frigga just shrugged her shoulders and kept smiling. Odin puffed loudly audibly, everyone noticed that he didn't agree with this relationship, but Loki didn't care.
"Good to have that cleared up. I'm happy for you guys. So how long will you stay?" Frigga asked Y/N.
"I...um...we want to stay this week, Queen Frigga."
"Frigga is quite enough. Now let me show you to your chambers." She led Y/N away from the men before turning back around. "Oh and Loki, I have placed you in your old chambers and Bucky, one of our servants will escort you to your chambers. There will be a feast in five hours." Frigga quickly explained to the two men and continued walking away with Y/N. Loki and Bucky were also about to leave when Odin spoke.
"Loki." He turned to Odin. "Whatever you're up to with your little theater here." Loki knew he meant Y/N. "I will not tolerate you spoiling the festival with your shenanigans."
"Y/N is not a gimmick, Father." Loki said angrily.
"We truly love her and she loves us." Bucky interjected. Odin laughed hollowly.
"Who do you think you are to talk to me?" Bucky pulled Loki by the arm and motioned him to leave the hall. "Loki! I didn't give you permission to leave!" Odin shouted, but the two men left the hall without a word.
Meanwhile, Y/N walked silently beside Frigga down the corridors of the palace. "You don't have to be shy, I don't bite. So how did you meet my son and Bucky?" She asked kindly. What was Y/N supposed to say? That she had met him in a bar?
"I met them at a coffee shop." Y/N lied. Frigga stopped and looked at her suspiciously.
"Loki is my son. I know when someone is lying." Frigga winked at her.
"I met them at one of Tony's parties." It was partly true, but better than the whole truth. This time Frigga seemed to believe her, or just decided not to follow up.
"Even though I only saw him for a few minutes, Loki seemed happier than he had in a long time, so I thank you for that." Frigga turned to face Y/N and took her hands in hers. A strange expression washed over Frigga face and she looked questioningly at Y/N. "You're pregnant?"
"What?" She asked Frigga, stunned. How did she know?
"I grew up with witches. It's not hard for me to sense if a woman is pregnant." Frigga smiled overjoyed. "I'm going to be a grandmother?"
"Well, yes. We don’t want to tell anyone yet. I don't know how many weeks along I am, but you will be a grandmother, if you want to be."
"If I want to? Of course!" Frigga said, pulling her into a hug. Y/N froze at first before returning the queen's embrace. "I've been waiting a thousand years to finally have grandchildren." Y/N laughed, unable to comprehend how well Frigga had taken the news. Actually, she didn't expect how Loki and Bucky reacted to the news either. Frigga let Y/N out of the embrace and took her hands in hers again. "There are so many things we need to do, a week is hardly enough time." Y/N looked uncomfortable and Frigga realized she was overwhelming her. "But you should rest first until the feast and we can discuss everything else later." Frigga led Y/N to her chambers before they said goodbye to each other. 
The room was almost four times the size of her apartment in New York. A large golden four-poster bed stood in the center, and to the side was a dark brown wooden desk. Y/N walked to the door next to the desk and went into the bathroom. She closed the door and was startled when she turned around the face the bedroom again. Loki was sitting on her bed, grinning mischievously.
"You almost gave me a heart attack, Loki!" Squeaked Y/N. Loki got up from the bed and walked over to her. She poked her index finger into his chest.
"We wouldn't want that, would we? Especially when all I want to do is give you pleasure." He pulled her into his arms, and Y/N rested her head on his chest.
"What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in your chambers?" Y/N looked up slightly at Loki.
"Yes and no. I know my way around here, so I didn't need to be shown to my chambers. Bucky, however, is dealing with a servant right now." Loki laughed lightly and leaned down to her. He captured her lips with his and kissed her passionately. Y/N smiled and pushed him back slightly.
"I promised you both tonight. No tasting me now.”