Hiring✨

'WE'RE HIRING FOR A BARISTA PART TIMER. COME FOR A WALK-IN INTERVIEW ANYTIME WE'RE OPEN', Chenle put a sign infront of his café.

The café has been busy for the past few days. Maybe because of a new mall opening near the building. Renjun is glad but at the same time he's not. He never plan to hire more workers as he need to pay the workers and training them is a hassle for him. But he can't avoid it as the café is gaining more customers, hate or not, he need an extra hand.

Not long after Chenle put the sign up, a very familiar being come straight to the café and take the paper with him. "I can make a good coffee. Including juices. Anything you want I'll be able to do it perfectly." He confidently selling himself for the owner to pick him as one of his.

Renjun's left eyebrow lifted. 'what the hell? He just barge in and say what?'. Upon hearing that, Chenle chuckled. Never in his mind that someone is so interested to become a barista. Nevertheless the man look like a model infront of him.

"I'm sorry, before I'm hiring you, we need to have an interview." Renjun coughed to clear his throat. He bring together with him a file and a pen to a table near him. "Sit down, mr...."

"Na Jaemin. Na. Jae. Min. Na Jaemin." Jaemin take a sit infront of Renjun.

"Right Mr Na." he clicked the pen to write down something. "Please fill this form for a moment before we start the interview." Then he look at Chenle "Put up the close sign for a moment. We're busy interviewing. After that you can continue mopping."

Chenle clicked his tongue and do as the boss said. Well, can't help it when he is just a worker.

Jaemin took the form and filled it in no time. He's smile still not left his lips. It even wider. The fact that the pretty man from a week ago sitting infront of him making him even happier.

He give the form back to the café manager. "I'm free to start anytime." He said once again with unbreakable confidence. 

Renjun awkwardly smiling. "Uh yeah sure. But first I have to ask you a few questions. After that you have to make a several type of coffees and drinks."

He check the form and read it one by one.

"So.... You're 24 years old?"

"Yes. I am."

"Live in Mapo-Dong? Isn't it far from here?" Renjun frowned. He don't want his worker need to take trip far just to be a part timer.

"It's okay, I study close here. Might as well just work near my college." Jaemin give a smile of reassurance.

Renjun look at Jaemin, 'Weird.' He thought to himself. "Postgraduate in Biomedical Sciences? Why want to be a barista? A part timer at that?"

"uhhh, I need extra money? Yeah I need it to pay for my college fees."

"......"

"Well I'm not that well off so, in order to graduate, I need some more money. I guess." Jaemin smile turn awkward. Of course he is. He's not someone who desperately in need of money because he IS a scholarship student. He's fees and pocket money is given by his sponsor. But he need this job in order to be close with the man infront of him.

".....okayy, yeah I understand."

The session went long for like 1 hour and a half. It went long because Renjun is a very detailed boss. He would never hire someone with flaws. A few can be accepted but if there's too many, he don't want. He is not opening a charity so he need to be careful in hiring. Perfectionist he is.

"okay, now I need you to make a cup of latte for me, also a jasmin tea. A simple one would do," he cross both of his hand close to his chest while leaning toward his chair.

"Aye sir." Jaemin stand up from his sit and begin to walk to the counter to make what Renjun's order. Nervous 😣.

Several minutes is up, he bring the drinks to Renjun and give it to him for him to taste it.

Renjun look at both of the drinks, 'Hurm, the visual is good. Let's taste it.' He called for Chenle to taste the latte. Because he can't drink latte that much. Even though he is café owner, he's not fond of coffee.

'Cute' Jaemin snorted.

Both of them took a sip. Renjun's eyes got bigger. He look at Jaemin. Then look back at his drink. He change several glances to Chenle only to see him smiling while gulping down the latte.

"Alright, you're pass."