Do I Cry or Smile?

Drawing the small pieces of card Mr. Brockshore announced who was going to be partnered toghether.
"Patrick and Lucy" no reaction.
"Sarah and Hannah" no reaction.
"Cleo" my heart beat elevates to an impossible rate, " and..." everything slows as if I had entered a thick fog tht clouded everything from my movement to my vision. "Laura."

I knew the chances of Cleo and I being paired where almost impossible but I still hoped. They high-five in the edge of my vision, laughing, both smiling widely. I don't look but I can hear their exaggerated joy.
"Olly and Gordon" I shudder. Oh God. My mind goes blank and before I know it Mr. Brockshore is saying my name once again, but he's not looking at me.
"I don't like this paring," he says staring at Cleo and Laura pointedly, "Laura you will be working with Gordon and Cleo you are with Olly."

I don't know how to react...
Should I cry or smile?
I am in a void for the rest of the time Mr. Brockshore is calling out the other students pairs. Before I know it Cleo is sitting down next to me. I inhale weakly I exhale heavily.
"Olly!!!" why did she do that? We haven't talked in years.
"Hey" I say quietly. The start of the beginning.