Chapter 2.

Hello guys,
Sorry for the delay.These online classes have taken a toll on my mental health.Not proof read.Kindly ignore typos and grammatical errors.

__

Ashwin looked around the house.It was jam packed with her relatives and all he could hear was their indistinct chatter.

He wondered how is she so very different from anyone he has ever known. He had slotted all women as heartless,materialistic ,and cold creatures but she was not one of them.She is silly and intelligent, loving and objective, innocent and courageous, jovial and sensitive all at once. She is a box full of contradictions and he cannot help it, something about her makes it impossible for him to pull away.

A tray was held out for him at that instant which held back his wandering thoughts.He made up his mind that it was Sivaangi,who had held out the tray for him but no.He was in for yet another disappointment. It was Sivaangi's mother.She sensed his anxiety and hesitation.

Sivaangi's parents were always supportive of their daughter.They knew Ashwin has a gentleman.He would never have bombared the function if he had not  been invited.

"Ashwin,consider this like your family function.Yaarum ungala onnum sollamaatanga.Make yourself comfortable pa",she assured him.

He could only nod at her statement. She took leave telling him that Sivaangi was getting ready she will be her soon.

He picked up the glass of buttermilk that was placed before him and sipped it slowly wondering what was taking her so long.

Vinayak sat next to him and questioned him,"Sivaangi ah miss panringa?".

Ashwin muttered under his breath"Miss pannala na,na yedhuku enga vara poren".

"Apde lam illa da,nee po unakku velai erukkum",he replied sternly hiding his emotions.

"Neenga seri pattu vara maatinga,vanga na ava room ku kooptu poren",he said.

Ashwin smiled slighty blushing.He went to him as if it was a compulsion but his heart was actually beaming with joy on the thought of actually meeting his ladylove.

Vinayak shows him the room and leaves with a smirk on his face saying "Pesitu,seekarama keezha vandhurunga..".

He nods as he pushes the door to her room.He stepped looking around the room.It was the clumsiest room he had ever seen.The bed looked like a stall from an exhibition.

His eyes search for her only to find her sitting in front of a vanity using her unicorn shaped mirror(Sivaangi and her childish antics) trying to adjust her braid.

She could sense someone standing close to her.Not in her wildest dreams she would have guessed it was Ashwin.

Turning around to find it was him.She smiled at him and asked him what brought him here.

Before he could answer she was being called by her mother.

"Sivu,Evidayaannu nee...oh ivadayundu ....njaan kore neram ninnakkayi thirannu ...sheri vaa pogaam..." her mother exclaimed.

On seeing Ashwin standing next to her,she asked him to join the function soon.

"Evangaluku timing yen evlo mosam ah erukku...kastam ..kastam", he muttered under his breath.

He heard a soft instrumental music. Perhaps it was a veena recital...Then he saw the most beautiful sight hehad ever seen, Sivaangi sat on a small raising on the floor playing a veena.She looked lovely. It wasn't the first time, he saw her in that form couldn't take his eyes off her! She looked very traditional and divine that his gaze refused to leave her even for a moment.And then she started singing too...it was a devotional song in Tamil praising Lord Krishna...He didn't understand what the words exactly meant but it was melodious and her voice flowed out likesweet honey...he couldn't stop admiring her talent!

Ashwin was always a fan of her singing.Eventhough he was entirely devoted to his cooking,he always used to stop and listen to her sing.He always used to appreciate her singing and felt that this girl was a complete playback singer material.

''Alaipayuthey Kannaa En Manam Alaipayuthey Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil Alaipayuthey Kannaa En Manam Alaipayuthey Un Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil Alaipayuthey Kannaa Aaaa''

My mind is all aflutter, Oh Krishna, listening to your joyous, enchanting music , My mind is all aflutter!

''Nilaipeyaraadhu Silaipoalavae Ninru Nilaipeyaraadhu Silaipoalavae Ninrun Naeramaavadhariyaamalae Miga Vinoadhamaana Muraleedharaa En Manam Alaipayuthey Kannaa Aaaa''

Transfixed, I stood there like a statue, oblivious of even the passage of time, you esoterical flautist!

''Thelindha Nilavu Pattappagal Poal Eriyudhae Thelindha Nilavu Pattappagal Poal Eriyudhae
Dhikkai Noakki En Puruvam Neriyudhae
Kanindha Un Vaenugaanam Kaatril Varugudhae Kanindha Un Vaenugaanam Kaatril Varugudhae
Kangal Sorugi Oru Vidhamaay Varugudhae Kangal Sorugi Oru Vidhamaay Varugudhae ''

In this clear moonlight, I strain my eyebrows hard and look in your direction, the mellow tunes of your flute come floating in the breeze... my eyes feel drowsy and a new feeling sweeps my being and find their way into my heart !

Kadhiththa Manaththil Oruththi Padhaththai Enakku Aliththu Magizhththavaa Kadhiththa Manaththil Oruththi Padhaththai Enakku Aliththu Magizhththavaa Oru Thaniththa Manaththil Anaiththu Enakku Unarchchi Koduththu Mugizhththavaa".

Mould my tender heart,make it full and fill me with joy.Take me to the lonely grove and fill me with emotions of euphoric union!

Thaniththa Manaththil Anaiththu Enakku Unarchchi Koduththu Mugizhththavaa
Kanai Kadal Alaiyinil Kadhiravan Oliyena Inaiyiru Kazhalena Kaliththavaa
Kadhari Manamurugi Naan Azhaikkavoa Idhara Maadharudan Nee Kalikkavoa Kadhari Manamurugi Naan Azhaikkavoa Idhara Maadharudan Nee Kalikkavoa''

You are the one who danced and made merry on the sun-bathed waves of the ocean! Am I to go onpleading for you with melting heart, While you are enjoying yourself with other women?

''Idhu Thagumo? Idhu Muraiyo? Idhu Dharumam Thano? Kuzhaloodhidum Pozhudu Aadidum Kuzhaigal Polave Manadhu Vedhanai Migavodu ''

Is it right? Is it proper? Is it what dharma is? My heart dances even like your eardrops do when you blissfully play the flute!

"Alaipayuthey Kannaa En Manam Alaipayuthey Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil Alaipayuthey Kannaa En Manam Alaipayuthey Un Aanandha Moagana Vaenu Gaanamadhil''

My mind is all aflutter, Oh Krishna, listening to your joyous, enchanting music , My mind is all aflutter!

She sings it for krishna...may be for her Ashwin too.Let's see if her Krishna, that is our Ashwin takes the clue.She was totally in a devotional mode and her eyes were closed till she finished the song.Once that was over, she kept the veena down, prayed once.

He stood mesmerized by her and the song.He walked to the far end leaning to the parapet without taking his eyes of her..

She looked around the place only to find him,there he was leaning on to the parapet wall gazing at her and their eyes locked in a beautiful symphony!

----

That is for Chapter 2.I will be back with the next part as soon as possible.
Stay safe.This too shall pass!!