17. Never not

The voice was like a whisper. But strong enough to shake his heart. The eyes glancing at him boring holes in his soul. Jeongguk stood there frozen. Words don't come out of his mouth.

Taehyung has a heartwarming smile on his lips. He is serious about not going back. The male held Jeongguk's hand and stood in front of him.

"You're rights. It's not the view, it's the angle I was looking at. When I changed it, Seoul looks different.

You made it look different. You showed me the real Seoul. And I owe you a lot.

Now when I'm looking around, I feel like Seoul is really... beautiful. All thanks to you.

So, I decided... I will stay where you're. This- this is where everything started. I don't want to leave this place behind. I want to stay closer to you..."

Taehyung said. Tears brimming in Jeongguk's eyes. He sure showed around. But the hate in Taehyung's mind for Seoul is not there anymore. He made it vanish. Jeongguk wanted to cry. After these years, the male thinks that he did something worthy. Other than fall in love with this ethereal artist.

"Taehyung... I... I don't know what to say... I... I'm so happy...

Thank you for trusting me... Thank you for staying with me..."

Jeongguk hugged Taehyung. The chilly winter breeze envelops them but they're already warm in each others' arms. Taehyung encircled his hands around Jeongguk's nape with a wide smile.
The tourist guide kissed Taehyung's neck and whispered thank-yous.

They stayed like that for minutes and then released. Pink cheeks and heart eyes, both are so in love. Taehyung held Jeongguk's hand and they walked towards their bike.

Hugging Jeongguk from behind, melting in the wind and city lights, Taehyung was having a great time of his life. Jeongguk on the other hand, trembling. Never in his life, someone trusted him. No one said that they want to stay with him. Neither he wanted. But this is Taehyung.

Tears unknowingly rolling down his cheeks and he didn't care about the world. He cried while driving them home.

When reached Taehyung's apartment, he found the artist was sleeping. Jeongguk carefully picked up Taehyung from the bike and entered the apartment trying his best to not wake up the male. He laid his lover on the bed and kissed his forehead and pecked the cute mole on his nose.

Tugging Taehyung under the blanket, stroking his hair, Jeongguk stayed a few moments there. Then he stood up and unlocked his phone.
8 messages from Hobi hyung and 3 missed calls from Jimin and Hobi.

The male locked the door of Taehyung's apartment and walked out. He drives back to his flat. As he entered, Jeongguk found Jimin packing bags and blabbering something. Hobi was busy talking on the phone and checking his laptop.

"What's going on?"

Jeongguk asked. Both Jimin and Hobi turned to look at him. Hoseok instructed him to come forward. Staring at the laptop confusedly, he looked at the two.

Jimin screamed and jumped throwing himself in Jeongguk's arms. The male stumbled back but managed to not fall back.

"We got new bookings."

Jimin screamed, spinning Jeongguk with him. To say Jeongguk was shocked would be an understatement. He was frozen to death. He wanted to ask a lot. Sobs and smile coming out from his lips at the same time. Jeongguk looked at hobi in confusion.

"I'm going to London. Yoongi just said that he has a deal to crack there. Oh my god... I'm going to London to wander with Yoongi... Can you believe that??"

Jimin said with full energy. Jeongguk smiled with Joy. Finally, they're getting back to normal. They're gonna survive. Hobi laughed at the two who couldn't control their happiness and spinning around and jumping.

"Wait... What about me?"

Jeongguk asked. He noticed the expression of hobi and Jimin faltered into a sad look. Jeongguk gulped harshly.

"You...you're...

You're going to PARIS!!!"

Hobi screamed and Jimin screamed along.

"So, Mr. Choi, our other VIP client, wanted his son and daughter-in-law to go for a honeymoon in Paris. It's all set, Jeonggukkie..."

Hobi said. Jeongguk didn't know what to do with the information. He didn't know what to feel. Should he be happy? Should he be sad?

No one knows how much Jeongguk admires Paris. The city of love. Jeongguk wanted to walk around, watch the moon and the stars, dance at the night, and sing his favorite song on the streets. He loved Paris from the moment he started living this life.

Jeongguk is thousand times ready to go Paris. He was waiting for this moment. He was counting pennies to reach his dreamland.

The mint choco-haired boy felt a heavyweight on his heart. A pang that made his heart shatter into pieces. His body shivering because of some unknown reason. Why?

Because he has Taehyung here.

Jeongguk heard Jimin singing

"We're going from London to Paris..."

He wanted to dance along, sing with his friend. He wanted to celebrate this with a glass of champagne. But all he could do is walk silently to his bedroom leaving a puzzled Hobi and Jimin behind.

The first thing Jeongguk did after closing his bedroom door and sitting on the bed is - crying.

He cried. Cried hard till his heart couldn't feel anything. He cried that much till his eyes couldn't dream about the city of his dreams. He cried holding his chest till his mind stop chanting the name of a certain male.

Jeongguk hates all of this. The helplessness he feeling now when he sees both the Eiffel tower and boxy smile in his eyes. He hates the moment when the phosphenes drawing hearts eyes under the city lights and locks of love on the streets at the same time. He hates how he loves both of them so much that he has to choose between them now.

Jeongguk has to choose between his dream and the reason for his dream.

His life and reason to live.

What will you pick if you're in Jeongguk's shoes?

Share your thoughts...

Thanks for reading 💜

~AnecdotesOfABroken