The Calcutta kiss

T

his book is dedicated to my parents

Thankyou for for support and love.You werein every process where I found the true me.

And here I am ...writing stories . Trying to create something nice for my readers.

Readers who I can relate myself.
People like me who find solitude in a cup of coffee and a simple book .

I hope you enjoy this book.

Chapter-1

The month of september was coming to an end.The fragrant showey,hyacinths,were still growing gloriously in the Botanical gardens ,unaware of the original climate in Kolkata.Where it was raining like cats and dogs .Resulting in chock- full roads ,overflowing drains and muddy puddles dotting it's throughfare.

But apart from that,Kolkata has it's own unique beauty in the monsoons.The wet trumlines,horse carriages near the Victoria Memorial, hazy window panes,well-known smell of wet earth and Rabindra sangeet on a rainy day are simply irresistable.

After a whole night of constant rain and thunderstorm,the sky was finally clear .Soft appealing clouds were floating everywhere.A pleasant chilly wind blew everywhere,as a mild remainder or after effect of the wild night .It was hardly 6A.M in the morning.But the streets of Calcutta were already hustling and bustling with a sereis of busy people and various cars.The roads were still a little wet and the fresh greenery of the trees proved that they were in a clear state of happy intoxication.

The ceiling fan of Annapurna's room was running at a very low speed.But when it combined with the chilly moisture-laden breeze ,it made the sleep-lluled Annapurna greedily grab for the nearest and warmest possible thing to wrap around her body.When she could lay her hands on nothing but the bed sheet,she used it as her blanket only.Not even caring for the poor mattress.Which was definitely crying with misery.If given the human quality ,it would have definitely cursed Annapurna for torturing her. Unaware of her matress's curses ,Annapurna slept innocently in her newly adjusted pleasant temperature.But her comfort was really short lived as the ringing of her alarm clock made it's entry in full glory.Annapurna's house was filled with stuffs like alarm clock which people nowadays may consider back-dated or simply obsolete.
Annapurna's eyes flew open with the ringing of alarm clock.She unwillingly put her resistence back and she pulled herself to sit on the bed, erect.Suppressing a yawn with her hand .
Adjusting her sap green cotton saree she quickly got up from the bed.The weather was getting chillier and she mentally noted to change the position of her longer sleeved blouses with the shorter ones in her alna.

She heard Eesha melodious voice practicing the Tagore's song "Megher kole rod esheche"(the sun smiled from the cradle of the clouds) on her hermonium.A light smile formed on her rosy lips.Ussually Aryan was really reteculant to wake up early and practise the Tagore's songs .He was more interested in the classical songs .It seemed that the Annual day function at his school was really important.     

Eesha always reminded her of herself.Even her choice and liking were like her aunt.    

She wanted to join Eesha .Unfortunately there was no time.
Minudi was on leave.She had to sweep at least the ground floor.

Sometimes she wished to have a smaller house.
Sigh,but that was not possible.

She got out of her stupor and cursed herself.Much time was wasted.
×××××××
Today the menu was simple typical dal ,rice and aloo bhaja(potato fry).
Her father made it
A...nd it was truly good.