Chapter One: The Forest/A Prince Is Born

In the forest, the animals had been hibernating through the cold, harsh winter.

Now, it was springtime.

A little waterfall was just now showing up and the birds were singing as they drank the water.

Friend Owl had been hunting all night and now he was looking forward to be sleeping through the day, as all owls do in their lifetime

He flew to his tree where his bed was.

Friend Owl shook his tail feathers as he snuggled up into his home.

Letting out a yawn, he fell asleep with a smile.

Just above a few tree branches, his fellow neighbor, a gray squirrel, was the first woodland critter to wake up from his long hibernation.

He got up and stretched his entire body.

His chipmunk friend was still sleepy, so he gently pulled the squirrel's tail over his body to keep warm.

In another tree, there was a nest.

A mother bird flew over to the nest and she was carrying fresh raspberries.

She gave them to her babies and two of them began a tug of war with them.

Until the other baby bird ate the raspberries, leaving the two babies birds blinking in confusion.

In a rabbit hole, a bunny was the first of his family to get out and stretch his legs after a long winter's nap.

As he moved around a bit, some other birds flew by to tell some wonderful things that had just happened.

The news spread around to other animals until it got to the rabbit burrow.

Thumper and his family went to go wake up Friend Owl.

He tapped his foot on a hollow log.

"Wake up! Wake up"!

Thumper excitedly hollered.

Friend Owl blinked his eyes and he grumpily mumbled out loud.

"Oh, what now"?

Then, he saw all the animals quickly heading towards the thicket.

"Wakeup Friend Owl"!

One of Thumper's sisters called.

"Hey! What's going on around here"?

Friend Owl asked.

"Wake up"!

Thumper tapped his foot on the log one last time.

"It's happened! It's happened"!

Another one of his siblings said.

"The new Prince is born"!

Thumper told him.

"We're going to see him"!

"Come on, you better hurry up".

Thumper said, and quickly hopped away to catch up with his family.

Friend Owl flapped his wings and flew out of his home, following all the animals to the thicket.