NOT TODAY

A/N: Please make sure to play the song on top.

*****************************************************

 Lily got into her car after dropping her daughter at school. She sighed and started the car still wondering how she was going to pay the bills. After the death of her husband, all she had was her daughter. All her family members had abandoned her after she refused to get married again. 

 She drove out of the parking lot and followed the route to her office. The last place she wanted to be at that moment. She had no choice,  if she missed just one more day of work, her perverted boss would fire her and it was her only source of income. 

She gasped softly as she heard the song playing on the radio and quickly increased the volume. NOT TODAY  was playing.

Your love stood down death

Crushed the devil's head

Fear is just a liar

Running out of breath

The fight beneath Your feet

I'm standing on Jesus' Name

So let the devil know not today

Let the devil know not today no no

Not now not ever again Jesus

Let the devil know not today

She drove into her office parking lot and smiled as she turned off the car. Yes, she might not have enough money to pay bills, her office might not be the best environment and her daughter might be the only family she has but she was not going to let it bring her down. She was going to let the devil know NOT TODAY...

She checked herself in the rearview mirror of her car once again before walking into her office with a smile on her face. She greeted everyone on her way and took a seat in front of her desk immediately throwing herself into work.  

By the end of the day, Lily was still smiling. She silently thanked God for helping her get though the day. She had let the devil know NOT TODAY and she was going to do it over and over.