PEACE

A/N: Please make sure to play the song on top

********************************************************

" Miss Jones?" 

Ava looked up from her doodles. " Yeah?"

"What's the answer to the equation on the board?" 

Her eyes went to the board and she studied the equation. "4" 

It was simple. Her teacher nodded and continued teaching. As usual, nobody noticed her wobbling voice or shaking hands. Nobody ever noticed. 

She continued to mindlessly doodle on her book turning deaf ears to whatever the teacher was saying but was cut off when the bell rang making her jump. As always she waited until everyone had left before she stood in order to avoid the crowd. 

***************************************************

Ava sighed as she locked the door to her house. She could finally move without jumping. She hung her bag on the rack and placed her shoes beside her door. 

She walked into the living but froze in her tracks because of what she saw. There was a crowd in her living room. No doubt her brother's doing. He just couldn't get that she wasn't comfortable with things like this? 

She quietly walked to her room upstairs and almost fainted when she saw the crowd in HER ROOM! Her hands started shaking and her breaths became ragged. The whole place started spinning, the room looked like it was closing in on her. Her hands went up into her hair as she pulled it in hopes that everything would stop.

Ava didn't notice someone grabbing her hands and dragging her out until she felt the cold breeze on her skin. She was directed to the floor where she sat with her knees hugged to her chest. 

My Jehovah Shalom

There's a peace far beyond all understanding

May it ever set my heart at ease

What anxiety fails to remember

Is peace is a promise You keep

Peace is a promise You keep

You are peace to a restless soul

Peace when my thoughts wage war

Peace to the anxious heart

That's who You are, that's who You are

You are peace when my fear takes hold

Peace when I feel enclosed

Peace when I lose control

That's who You are, that's who You are

She knew that song way too well. Peace by Young and Free. It was her usual go-to song. Soon, her breathing became even again and everything cleared up. She looked at the person and saw it was Ashley, her brother's friend. She threw her hands around her neck and held her tightly. She tightened her hold when she heard what she said next. 

"I have told you this so that you will have peace by being united to me. The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!"

John 16: 33