Two: The First Blush

"Gen, you stupid... How far do I need to walk? I'm exhausted! Aren't we supposed to scout?!"  I kicked his shin as he never said a word since we left Tsukasa's army yesterday. We had barely eaten anything and he's acting cool and all, while I have no idea what we're doing.

"Chill Hotaru-chan, I just need to show you something incredible." he smiled which just annoyed me.  "Stop smiling, you creep! Your smile ruins my day!"

What show me something crap. I bet he's just trying to distract me and use me as pawn for some lion or such.

"You heard from Tsukasa that we're gonna conquer the small village right?" he spoke, walking calmly inside the forest.  "Yeah, I remember. He thought that Senku was residing there, isn't it? So that's the place we're heading now?"

"Yeah," he smiled, "we'll go and check what's up with the small village."

So we ARE scouting.

"Hotaru-chan, what do you think is best for the world to do? What do you think of Tsukasa?" he brought up all of a sudden, folding his arms inside his yukata.

"Hm, well... He's strong and stuff, he views the world differently from the rest of us, but he made people as his ally. But I'm not particularly on his side." I replied as I watch my steps.

"I'm not too fond of him, I dont really like that he's been smashing the others as if it's nothing, not like he's a God who can choose who to live or not. It's like he's turned into Death Note's Light. He's given a notebook and opportunity to kill and he's turned blind eye to humanity. "

He chuckled, "Well that's true. You're just staying on his base for basic needs, right?"

"You're not mentalist for nothing." I laughed since he figured out what's keeping me on Tsukasa.

We continued walking after that short chat but then I realized something. I grabbed his collar and gave him a death glare. "If you tell Tsukasa that I'm not agreeing on him, I'll kill you." I smiled.

He dropped a sweat. "It's fine! I won't tell him, geez."  I squinted my eyes,to show that I dont trust him.  "Anyway look, Hotaru. We're here." He pointed behind me which I immediately titled my head to see.

My jaw dropped for a second, I didn't expect the village to be descent because of this 'stone age' time. Plus, what's this, they got proper huts isn't it?

And those two islands separated, bridges and stuff. Since when have they been unpetrified? Few years?

"It seems they have an event. Can we join them?" I asked as the people were gathered on the second island.

"No, you can't go there yet. They're cautious against outsiders. I'll go there alone, you wait on that area." he pointed at an area where few huts are built.

I pouted, "Geez, I wanted to see what's happening."

He laughed. "I'll be back. Just be patient and wait there. I'll show you something good." then he disappeared on the thin air like a real magician. Well he is a magician.

While he's gonna have fun there, I'll just wait on that place.

Hm. Where's the direction to that place?

That stupid Gen, he left me here as if I can fly on that place in an instant. Of course I need to take a route towards there! It might even take several kilometers! That stupid Gen!

Well it wasn't that hard, teehee.

There are trails to follow inside the forest so it wasn't as difficult as I expected it to be.