i.

—————love drunk

—————
love drunk.
—————

THE DAY HAD ENDED and Teresa had dismissed her right and left-hand team for the day. That included Pote, Javier and Marisol. It was surprising to the men that Teresa was able to pick up a female sicario; considering that there wasn't a lot of them to be found—but she was lucky to find Marisol and add her to la Familia.

The Cartel world was filled with men running everything, so for a woman like Teresa to start getting big in the Cartel world said something—added with Marisol being a female sicario. Working her way through the business, Marisol ended up with a certain title following her very footsteps. 'La despiadada' they called her. Even 'The Ruthless' or 'The Merciless'. Working in between Mexico to Puerto Rico to Cuba, she had to be that name everyone called her. It was her only way to be in a world like this. It was a name she held with great pride and at the same time, great embarrassment. But when she ended up in the hands of the Jimenez family, leading up in Teresa's hands; everything changed. Working with her it seemed like bloodshed was halted at a stop sign. If really needed to be, blood will be spilled—and Marisol would have to say, she really did like the break of bloodshed; She didn't have to add another body count to the name.

"Marisol, can I speak with you for a moment?" Teresa said as she dismissed the two men out of the office. With a nervous smile, Marisol took a seat in front of her boss. "I just wanted to thank you for what you did today. You saved me when others couldn't." She stated right away. Marisol smiled with honour building up in her chest. "Anytime Teresa." She could sense that she was nervous. "You don't have to be nervous around me. Women in this business have to be strong; like you. I respect that. Although your name might prove what you did for me in another stance. Thank you again." Teresa's face painted a small smile as she saw Marisol's nervous manner crack too. Marisol saved Teresa from a situation where lives could've been lost; Teresa thought she had to kill. But Marisol was there and thought of another way—the way Teresa runs everything. "Gracias, Teresa." Marisol smiled brightly at her; leaving her on a good note. Getting up, she reached for the office door to leave.

Pote and Chicho were on their way to leave; as Teresa wanted them to close up the bar. "Marisol," a voice beckoning her name reached her ears as she turned around. It was Javier. "Javier? I thought you left already?" Marisol said, giving her last wave of goodbyes to Chicho and Pote. "I was going to give you a ride." "But my car..." Marisol paused. "Oh. Right." She remembered her car had blown up last week. "Thanks." She gave a small smile and followed Javier out. She's known Javier for a while; considering she knew his primo (cousin) Boaz first. Unbeknownst to him, however, she has a huge crush on him. She thought it was one of those infatuated-school-girl-crushes, but it went on for too long; it couldn't be at this point. The countless flirting, the saving him from every shit situation that comes his way—she was making it too obvious. But nothing was coming out of it... yet?