Chapter 4: A Lead

Ben had slept like a baby when he got home. He had put the pizza in the fridge and had put his suit away. Because his mom already knew about his powers he didn't need to worry about her to much.

When he awoke he grabbed his web shooters and mask and took his morning swing in nothing but his mask some sweat pants and a long sleeve gray shirt. He landed down the street from Mc Donalds. He was hungry so he went to go get breakfast. He ordered a Mc Griddle with Bacon, Egg, and Cheese. It was very good and didn't cost much. He headed over to the small space that Luke's Dad had owned. Luke's dad let them use it for whatever because he had no use for it so they moved all their Spider stuff there.

Ben arrived at 5:36 AM. He had started to beat the punch bag in the small room. Luke had arrived soon.

"How'd last night go?" Luke asked as he put down his phone and keys.

"Really good." Ben replied and threw one last kick in the bag.

Ben started unwrapping the boxing gloves he had on as he asked his cousin
"Did you find anything on Shadow yet?"

"Well to be honest Shadow isn't the greatest name for a group but that's what they chose. It's a different name so it is easy to find information on them and them alone. So with much confidence I can tell you one of the highest ranked person in Shadow. His name is Jordan Martinez. He's a supplier and owns the LA Speedway."

"Do you know when the next event is happening there?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yep. Pretty easy to find out when a racing event is going on."

Ben smiled. He knew he could get the first lead on The Shadow in months.

"Well we have that to look forward to. But I have school in an hour and I can't be late so I'm going to get there as early as possible."

"Well I'm not going to be able to walk all the way there. So I'm gonna stay home and do some more digging."
Luke said with a yawn through the middle of his words.

"Come on man you're gonna bail out on me again?"

"Us normal people need sleep." Luke said throwing his head back against the chair he was in.

"Fine." Ben said as he started walking out the door.

"Hey. Go be normal for a change. Luke said as he walked out.

"What's the fun in that?"

Ben smiled as he swung off.