One

"Unnie!" Jennie was calling Irene who's been sitting on one of the bench outside SM Ent. They planned a lunch date today and Jennie insisted to fetch Irene from her company instead of just meeting her at the restaurant.

Maybe because she wants to see someone from the company other than Irene.

Irene tilted her head at the girl who was jogging towards her and wore a smile until she reaches her, still panting.

"You don't have to run, you're not late yet" Irene chuckled.

"But you're always early!" Jennie was whining. Irene scooted as Jennie settled herself beside her.

Irene took a water bottle from her bag "Here, drink some" Jennie took the water bottle and gulped three times without stopping. She breathe heavily after that.

"You're- you're still like that." she said in between breathes.

"Like what?" Irene asked curiously raising her eyebrows.

Jennie groans and rolled her eyes "Like a mom!" She earned a light slap on her arm "Awwch!" she rubbed it while pouting, studying her arm for any bruises.

She started again "Unnie, you should start looking for a partner. You're getting old you know?" she said in a serious tone then turned to look at her friend's eyes "Are you still into girls?"

Irene looked down and nodded "I guess" She shrugged.

"If it were a boy, you could've been married by now" Irene is still observing the ground. Thinking about what her friend have said.

"I know" she circled her foot on the ground "But I won't just date someone I don't genuinely like. I want someone whom I'll be willing to take the risk. You know what I mean?" she turned to face the other girl waiting for her response.

Jennie nodded, her lips frowned "I understand" she scooted more closer to Irene and intertwined their arms leaning her head on Irene's shoulder. "I mean, I have this one friend who really likes me. And I can't even date her because I'm too afraid to lose the friendship, we're colleagues, so it's gonna be hard to work if you two have an LQ or something" she shrugged as she thought of Jisoo.

Jennie never really cared about preferences. She likes what she like. That made her and Irene's friendship grew fonder, because they both like girls. But there was this one time when she dated a girl from another company, and it didn't turn out well. Unfortunately, they were just not compatible with each other.

"See? That's exactly what I mean" she held Jennie's hand and leaned on her head. They were watching the sea in front of them and feeling the breeze of cold air in their faces. A good thing about the company's location.

"I wonder if Kai will be willing to take that kind of risk" Jennie randomly wonders. Kai is the only guy that Jennie has interest on, maybe it will work out with a guy this time. Irene shifted looking at the girl as she met her gaze.

"I think he'll do, he's pretty much that kind of person" Jennie's mouth slightly agape, her eyes a little hopeful "I know Kai better than anyone Jen. I think he'll take a risk with you" Irene smiled knowingly.

"Really?" Jennie's face lighten up "Well then make us happen unnie!" she insisted, shaking Irene's arm. "Please?" she really wanted to try with a guy this time.

Irene chuckled and shook her head looking at the girl helplessly "Fine fine, I'll plan a date for you two"

Jennie held both of her arms high screaming "Yes!" she hugged her friend tightly "Thank you unnie!"

Irene shook her head again smiling "Whatever makes you happy Jennie" she hissed then held her wrist up to check the time "We gotta go now, lunch time's almost over"