Chapter 7 - Hangover

Relevant here, if you see F/F, it means favourite food.

-Jay

✺ ✺ ✺

It wasn't the loud crash from the kitchen that awoke you from your slumber, nor was it the harsh gaze of the sun. Instead, it was the furious throbbing that hammered the inside of your head and tormented your thoughts.

It was like something thrashing against your forehead, attempting to get out with all their might. A tired and pained groan escaped your lips, your head falling into your warm palms.

You knew what this headache meant. Often under the influence of alcohol, you tended to go a bit overboard. Or that's how you described it. To others, such as Daichi, he compared you to be worse than Nishinoya and Tanaka when they drank together.

Those two often meant drinking till they blacked out. Of course, this put pressure on you, not wanting to ruin your growing career as a street racer, you lightened down on the drinks. Limiting yourself to one or two each party, you still managed to have a good time while still keeping in your head.

Yesterday you must have gotten over yourself. Looking down at your fingers, you counted how many drinks you remembered taking. The first one was when you were chilling with some new guests, the second was for a competition between you Noya and surprisingly a girl with long black hair who you didn't recognize.

The more the night went on, the less you remembered, visions getting foggy and faded, making your hangover even worse as you constantly tried to push yourself to choke up the forgotten memories.

"Why me~" you sigh, flopping back down onto the soft mattress and burying your face into the covers, trying to ignore the ever-worsening pain in your head.

Silence subdued into the room, distant sounds of cars and people chattering in the early morning were the only noise that penetrated your sanctuary of peace.

Your eyes barely flicked to the clock on your bedside table that illuminated the time. Too early was the only thing you could think of. Silently cursing the sun's bright and evil rays, you swung your legs over your bed and whisked the covers off, knowing your headache wouldn't die down without a bit of help.

Getting to your feet like a newborn deer, a wave of nausea fell over your, a gruelling feeling in your stomach making you want to puke the remnants of the previous night, which you assumed wasn't much.

Hobbling over to the door, feeling icky and sick, the cool air of your apartment felt like heaven to your baking skin. The floor was numbingly cold against your feet that grazed the ground, skimming the wooden floors as you tumbled over to the kitchen.

Your eyes scanned the room, noting the lack of bodies that would have often ladened themself over furniture and crumpled on the floor. It seemed that Daichi must have done a good job at dampening the party before things got too overwhelming.

Sending him a quiet thanks, you were now relieved to not have to deal with the aftermath of the terrible hangovers people received from your parties, not really feeling in the best place yourself.

Opening the thin cabinet that was thankfully clean, you lazily popped two painkillers into your mouth, swallowing them with a glass of water that you had poured yourself. The feeling of the pills sliding down your throat was uncomfortable but bearable.

Picking up the now empty glass cup from the bench, you begrudgingly walked over to the fridge, opening it with your spare hand and pouring yourself some orange juice, a common and helpful drink for hangovers.

Raising the glass to your mouth, you took a deep gulp, sighing in content as your headache and nausea ceased a little. Walking back down the long hallway, it wasn't long till you found yourself lying face down on our bed, the orange juice placed on the ground near the bedside table.