TWO

(WIN)

How long it has been? I lost count actually. Weeks passed. It almost cost my life. I almost lost it. I actually doesn't care about my life anyway but then I realized that whatever I do, I couldn't change the things I've done. The damage has been done and it's too late to make things right.

I remember the day when I woke up on the hospital. Dew and Nani are beside me. They yelled at me for being an idiot doing such thing but then they broke down. Ugly cries filled the room. That was the time I realized that I still have friends. My parents then visited me a day after since they are out of country. They also cried their hearts out when they found out what I've done to myself. I didn't expect that they would react that way because I'm actually adopted. I expect nothing from them but then that day everything has changed.

Mom forced me to live with them and since living alone in our old shared apartment kills me, I accepted the offer. Mom took care of me until my body recovered. Until it was time for me to attend school again. It was hard for me at first since I thought I'll be having a hard time since Bright and I are actually schoolmates and we also have the same friends but then I found out that Bright is one of the Athletes that our University chose to play with other's University team as a representative.

However he found out what happened because of our shared friends. I was mad at them at first because why not? Bright has nothing to do with me anymore. We broke up. Even though we're still friends, I'm ashamed on what I've done. What if he pities me? That's the last thing I want from him.

Bright already living his own life and I'm on the process on finding out how to live mine. Not depending on anyone. And in order to do that I have to completely detached myself to him. My heart still ache on what happened to us. However, I'm happy that finally Bright found his happiness. Even if it's not because of me anymore.

I'm glad to know that someone is taking care of him now. Loving him the way he deserves. And that someone is NOT me. Even though I still love him, I know that if we really love a person, their happiness is more important than to our own. And Bright's happiness is not me anymore. I accepted that. It was enough for me that I used to received that love and I continuously beating myself up for taking it for granted up until now.

I don't know when did I start taking it for granted though. Maybe it has to do with familiarity. Bright and I grew up in an Orphanage. We're actually living in the same apartment building before that happen. But then we're the only ones survived in our family. The whole building burned down and that's when we both sent to an Orphanage. We became friends but then Bright got adopted first. He begged the couple to take us both but I'm actually a weak kid. They thought that I'm a high maintenance kid since I have to seek a Doctor every now and then. Bright promised that he will come back for me. But of course he did not, that's when a rich woman came into my life. She's still not married that time but she promised to take care of me.

That's when Bright and I met again during our high school days. We became friends again but then I found out that he had feelings for me. The fear of losing him again scares me so I let him. I know to myself that it is clearly a one sided love and Bright knew it or so I thought. We stayed just like that and since I used to have him running in my palm as easy like that. That's when I started to become blind and become a complete assh*le.

Maybe it is the reason why we stayed like that for years. I'm afraid that I'll lose him. We're both afraid of losing each other. Me losing him as a friend so I let him become my boyfriend. For me Bright is the only thing that remind me the real me, that there this time, A Kid named Win lived in the Khanhun Building before I become that orphan kid. But Bright sees me more than a friend and that's when it all begun.