eight

We kissed for a few minutes and got dressed, when we opened the bathroom door Lucy's psychologist was standing in the doorway with an eyebrow raised. Shit. "Would now be an alright time to talk?" He asked and I felt my cheeks go red as I nodded. We followed him to his office and we sat down inside, I was so embarrassed but lucy didn't seem to care at all. "Ok Dolly, my name is doctor Andrew's and I'm Lucy's therapist here. She's talked a lot about you and when she said you were here I was excited. Recovery is difficult and having someone who you can trust is the key I'm getting and staying better, you guys have had a pretty bumpy past from what I've heard." I nodded. "Yet as soon as you found out she was coming here you came to visit."

"Yeah well, when things happened with me she was the person who saved me and was there for me so I didn't want her coming in here alone not having anyone rooting for her."

"Lucy has told me a lot of stuff that she's gone through and how that has affected her relationships and I feel like there's a lot you wanted to say to Dolly."

"Ya, getting sober made me think of things I said and done and whenever I haven't coked out of my head the guilt was really fucking bad."

"That's why I think it's important to talk to you, Dolly." Doctor Andrew's said.

"I know some of the things that happened weren't nice-"

"It was abuse," Lucy said cutting me off.

"I knew what was happening and I wanted it-"

"You thought you wanted it, Dolly, just because someone says they're ok in an abusive relationship doesn't mean it's ok."

"Lucy I don't want you to feel guilty I chose to stay."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Lucy stop." I turned to her.

"No Dolly I fucked up and I don't deserve you being here or your love-"

"Shut up Lucy. Like it or not I'm here and I'm not going anywhere until you move on from me."

"I don't plan on going anywhere." She mumbled looked over at me.

"Well, we don't have a problem."

"Dolly I think your good for Lucy, most people will tell you when you're recovering that you need to focus on just you. But everyone's recovery is different... Dolly could you step outside so we can finish our meeting." He smiled.

"She can stay," Lucy mumbled taking my hand in hers.

"Ok, well since she got here you've told me more than the first two weeks you were here. When she's around it's like you have a goal to focus on, now I'm not going to lie that could be dangerous but I also know if anything did happen Dolly cares enough about you to make sure you'd get help before something drastic. I think you guys are truly meant for each other. Make sure you continue to put yourself and recovery first though no matter what." He talked a little more and I zoned out as I looked at Lucy. We're we really meant to be? We left his office still hand in hand and we went to the kitchen to get a coffee, we sat down and she let out a breath.

"When I found your phone at the club I didn't go through it but I did delete a message."

"Oh," I mumbled.

"From Lilly .. I..." she sighed.

"Lucy."

"She... I didn't want you to read it and get upset."

"What'd it say?"

"She... said that you guys were never dating, it was just a quick trip out of LA and..." she stopped talking.

"What?"

"Dolly." She sighed.

"Say it."

"You were just a piece of ass until she got to know someone else... I took a photo of it before deleting it if you don't bel-"

"No... I... ok." I nodded.