Chapter 35

One month has past and everything has just gotten worse for Lexa. Clarke is there for her but not the way Lexa wants her to be there for her, she's only ever around when Lexa needs her. When Lexa has a random breakdown Clarke is always there by her side but it's just not the same. Clarke wasn't the same, she would never talk to Lexa anymore about what happened or what was wrong, and as much as Lexa begged her to she wouldn't open up. In fact she'd just get even more angry, telling Lexa things like 'I'm fine' or 'there's nothing to talk about, everything's okay'. Things have gotten so bad that they rarely slept in the same bed, and they haven't had sex since. Lexa felt so alone and Clarke just couldn't bring herself to talk to the brunette about anything.

"Lexa!" Clarke yelled as she entered their house with a tray of food in her hands. She didn't get an answer so she went upstairs looking for her and found her sobbing on the floor of their room.

"Lex" Clarke whispered as she sat down next to her.

"Get out" Lexa cried. Clarke was totally took off by the comment, she didn't expect it.

"What?" Clarke asked in disbelief. She was trying to help and Lexa's telling her to get out.

"I don't want you here, leave" Lexa said.

"What the hell did I do?" Clarke asked confused.

"Your never here Clarke!" Lexa said through her tears.

"Seriously? I'm here right now, and I've been here every single day, every time you couldn't take it anymore!" Clarke shouted.

"Just leave!" Lexa yelled, crying.

"No, I wanna hear what you have to say, why I can't be in here with you?" Clarke asked, shaking her head.

"Clarke your only ever there for me when I finally can't take it anymore and break down, what about during all of this? Where we're you then? I wanted to talk to you so many times about everything but you never let me! I was hoping every single night that I would get comforted by you only to feel horrible when I'd wake up the next morning, knowing that I'd fallen asleep waiting for you but you never came!" Lexa shouted through tears.

"I don't know what you want me to say" Clarke said quietly, she didn't expect any of this, she didn't expect to get called out.

"Right" Lexa said as she stood up and headed towards the door.

"Lexa wait" Clarke said softly, standing up.

"What!" Lexa yelled annoyed as she turned around.

"Your right I haven't been here the way I should be but it's just so hard. It's so hard to see you like this, you never eat, you never smile, you never laugh, it's like your back to what you used to be, heartless. And I try to be there for you, I even tried to make you feel better, but I just can't stand seeing you like this and knowing that I can't do anything about it, I can't just fix you!" Clarke yelled, tears falling down her cheeks. Lexa didn't know what to say, everything's been so hard. When Lexa heard the news that Clarke had died that's when it all went downhill, that's when Lexa started to change and she guesses that now it's actually showing.

"Do you even care about me anymore?" Lexa mumbled. Their relationship has been horrible and Lexa didn't know how Clarke felt about them anymore. The way she's been acting made Lexa feel as if she was only there for her because she felt bad.

"Lex, of course I care about you" Clarke said softly, taking a step closer to the brunette.

"Why don't you start acting like it then?" Lexa mumbled, she didn't want to make Clarke any angrier than she already was but she had to say that.