𝟏

Before you begin reading, please make sure to read the description for warnings and summary of the story...

Please enjoy.

.
.
.

Okuyasu didn't fight once he was brought into the building.

His attempt in trying to kill himself should have been successful, it would have been if it wasn't for the man in white who found him.

Things started to become tortuous after the death of his mother and the death of his older brother. The only one left in the family was his sick abusive dad who assaulted him for more than a decade, calling him hurtful names and ignoring his mental and physical health. Because of that, things took a turn for the worse when Okuyasu started to purposely injure himself as a way of coping, knowing that the pain he brings on himself is a way of punishment or to release any tension to focus back on reality.

At school, nobody cared about the state he was already in; covered in bruises and scars all over his hands(because his uniform seemed to hide everything, neck and down). The teachers think that it might be an excuse for skipping class knowing that Okuyasu gets in fights, and classmates thinking it was for attention.

Even if he tried to talk to the counselors about it, all they could do was call his dad. That was a big mistake. All this father did was yell and hit him over and over, telling him that it won't result in anything.

And if he tried to leave Morioh, he couldn't help but come back and let his nightmare continue.

He blames himself for what he's done to the family and doesn't want anything to change within his life. Telling others will make him worried that they will find out about his injuries and probably send him somewhere he doesn't want to go to. He's scared that something unexpected might come and do something much worse.

But as soon as he was cleared from the hospital, he was sent straight to the ward.

Part of him wondered if he'll ever see his dad or anyone again, but it was probably better for all of them that he wouldn't.

Still in his hospital gown, he was checked all over. He had to get physically checked first. With all the scarring on his skin and the loss of weight, there's a hundred percent chance that he will be taken care of daily.

Next and last was his mentality. He didn't admit that he was abused by his dad but admitted that it was all the beating himself. Bad idea, because the doctors and nurses looked at eachother and silently took him out of the room to wait. He could tell that they're going to have a long discussion on what they're going to do with him.

Finally, they passed him down through the facility. Someone who he didn't care to look up at spoke as they carried him in a wheelchair, "Okuyasu Nijimura," it was a low voice of a man, "you'll be spending here with others near the same age as you. Knowing how badly damaged you are, I'll be the one taking care of you and give you the help you need."

Okuyasu slowly looked up, the bright light being blocked by the tall figure who looked back at him with cold ocean eyes. Still, he didn't get a good look at him.

"We'll be having a meeting tomorrow, just you and I. But for now, you're going to have to get accustomed to your new room and the building." Just as the mysterious man finished his sentence, Okuyasu looked back ahead to find himself in front of a room.

Two beds next to each other with a shelf filled with books between. A large window in front of him viewing the garden and a large organized desk. There was a small wardrobe, one side opened with neatly stacked clothes.

"I decided not to have anyone watch over you everyday but instead get a roommate. He's the same age as you." Okuyasu started to panic when the man let go of the wheelchair handles, "don't worry, he's not as bad as you think."

The man started to walk away. The boy looks back to get another good look of the man. He looked tall and had a white coat and a white hat fused with his jet black hair. He seems familiar, as if he's seen him before. The man didn't look back but spoke again, "They're leaving lunch right about now. Perfect time to get to know him."

Okuyasu felt like he was lost again when the man left. He felt the terrible atmosphere like he was going to get killed by this roommate of his.

Interacting with someone wasn't easy for him, he kept feeling as if whoever he talks to is giving him a negative vibe just by how annoying or stupid he is. He knows how people feel disgusted about him just by their face and motions towards him.

Will he be insulted by the person he's going to meet?

Will he get hurt?

He doesn't know. But everytime someone is with him, they just leave without a care. This person might do the same.

He hears a knock. The door wasn't closed but he knew he could hear someone knocking at the door frame, "Hello there, you must be Okuyasu~" it was a different voice but he didn't look back to see who it was. The tone of the person's voice felt uneasy yet cheerful.

A pair of hands grabbed him by the shoulders, he jumped at the touch but still didn't look back.

"I heard a few things about you once Mr. Jotaro left you here alone." The stranger started to loosen their grip and walked over to stand in front of him. Their hands touched his arms. "Wow, I wasn't expecting for those rumors to be true."

Rumors?

Just as he got here, the word about him has already spreaded?

"Sorry to do this, but I just want to get a good look at you." The man grabs Okuyasu by the chin and lifts his face up.

The boy was tall, almost like the man in white. His raven hair combed and stylized in a pompadour-although the style was over a few decades ago, it looked pretty good on him. His blue eyes looked at his own, something about those felt like there was something there, was it attraction? The man's skin was pale yet beautiful. Almost like that Disney princess, Snow White. There wasn't anything besides having good skin; no bruises, burns, or scars. He looked like an angel.

Mesmerized by the sight, Okuyasu's eyes were forced to look away and the man let go.

"Cool looking scars, did you do them yourself?"

Okuyasu didn't shake his head, not even nod. He just looked down at the man's feet.

"Shy but I'm sure you'll open up somehow." The raven-haired man sits at his own bed, still looking at Okuyasu. He gives him a smirk, a smirk that Okuyasu was almost afraid of.

"By the way, my name is Josuke. Josuke Higashikata. I'm sure we're going to be best friends~"

.

.

.