𝟐

Before you begin reading, please make sure to read the description for warnings and summary of the story...

Please enjoy.
.
.
.

Looking at the rain makes Okuyasu feel calm.

The sounds of water hitting the window and the thunder shaking the building. The garden he watched was getting showered and some of the plants were being taken away by the strong winds. The sounds soothed him while he watched the droplets roll down, imagining some sort of race with each he sees.

He wouldn't call it a calm rainy day. More stormy and slightly destructive.

But it was nice. He felt so content about it.

He used to be afraid of it but now that he's here, it didn't seem to do anything to him. He wanted it to rain everyday so the sounds would soothe his nerves from the situation he's in right now.

Okuyasu turns to look at the room. The walls were painted in a shade of a sky blue color that gave him a comfortable vibe. All of the black shelves that took up almost one side of the wall were all filled with books, and on top of it were stuffed sea animals and boxes. His bare feet touched the dark-patterned carpet floor that was so soft like a blanket, he wished he could just rub his feet on it until they were painfully red and bleeding. This room gave a pleasing aesthetic that he felt comfortable in, nothing bothering or anything wrong with it.

There were a few pictures hanging up on the walls and one caught his eye. A picture of a group, all dressed in casual clothing and standing outside of the building he's been staying in since yesterday. The man in the far left is probably Mr. Jotaro since he's the only one with a hat fused into his hair. The rest of the group were probably his friends since they all seem to smile and take each other's shoulder in arm or hand while smiling at the camera. But what's different is that Mr. Jotaro didn't really smile, just that Okuyasu could tell that this man is more serious and maybe a bit distant from everyone else.

Speaking of "friends", he thought about the day he came here.

After his roommate introduced himself, he didn't do anything but lay on his bed and Josuke was over at his desk coloring with a few crayons while humming to a song he didn't know. Just seeing him coloring on his sketchbook without him knowing gave him a bad thought; that he could just take those crayons and rub it on his arms like he used his eraser when he forgot to bring his blade to school. But Okuyasu was too tired to even move, so instead he fell asleep, a very long sleep.

I miss home.

The first thing in the morning that woke him up was a scream outside in the hallway and a lot of echoing steps rushing over with loud whispers. Then a few minutes later was a call from the nurses, telling them to wake up. Once he got up from his bed, he saw Josuke doing his hair- he never got to see the teen's hair down and a few minutes passed until more nurses came in for medical treatment. They had to do a physical examination like they did before he got here yesterday. He wasn't able to go to the cafeteria so they brought him breakfast while he was in his room instead with another nurse watching over him.

That was good since he didn't want to interact with any other patients, even his roommate, Josuke, who left to go eat.

Later he was taken on a tour with a tall hyper man with dark brown hair along with a nurse who accompanied them throughout the entire walk. The man was cheery and very nice, and asked him a few weird questions and made a few jokes. Even though Okuyasu would've answered those questions, he kept his mouth shut and did not make eye contact. The jokes on the other hand, weren't funny. The nurse next to them reminded the guy that Okuyasu is a patient in his ward and that he shouldn't be asking him anything unless Okuyasu was uncomfortable or needed to go to the restroom. He did and apologized to him quickly changing the subject. While walking, a few patients were out in the hallways with nurses watching over them. Some looked at Okuyasu and whispered to each other, probably about this rumor his roommate mentioned. He doesn't know what it is, but he knows it's about his injuries or backround.