𝟒

Before you begin reading, please make sure to read the description for warnings and summary of the story...

Please enjoy.

.
.
.

"Don't worry, you can come sit with me." Josuke takes out his hand and offers to grab it but Okuyasu stays silent and looks away. He sensed that Josuke wasn't mad at or annoyed at the lack of response from him, surprisingly, he just smiled. "K'ay, let's go!" He watched as Josuke walked away and followed.

They both walked down the same halls and other areas he was familiar with, then went inside the elevator down to the first floor. Okuyasu remembered from yesterday that the cafeteria was right by the large garden. He didn't go inside because at that time it was during everyone else's breakfast and the nurses kept begging for the man who gave him a tour around the institution not to make him go inside for a look.

Okuyasu hid his smile, still thinking about when one of the nurses kept grabbing the brunette's arm and telling him that Okuyasu isn't ready to interact with anyone yet and to think about the patient and to stop being so energetic at a time like this.

He really wanted to smile but couldn't, he recollected that he was scared of going inside a room full of people he doesn't know. So he was relieved that the nurses convinced the older man to continue the tour without going inside the cafeteria.

Which means Okuyasu has never been inside.

Right now with each step, he could feel his anxiety kick in and spread from inside his chest throughout his unhealthy body when he realized that there'll be a lot of people inside the cafeteria. He didn't know how many but he knows there will be a lot.

He felt Josuke take his hand gently. He looked up at him and saw the taller male give a soft expression. "No need to be nervous about it." He says, his hand squeezing his a bit before it softened.

The nurse who was ahead of them looked back and stopped. "Okay, we're here. Okuyasu, feel free to eat as much as you want, the food is amazing."

Okuyasu slowly nods.

When they went their way inside, Okuyasu stared at how strange the place looked. He's never been in an actual cafeteria before. At his school, they would eat in their classrooms but this is different since this place has tables that aren't desks, people not bringing their own bento boxes to eat, and a line of people waiting for their food. The more he started to look around as he stood there with Josuke, he's able to spot many differences and compare them to his school or other places he used to eat at before his condition worsened.

He even noticed that most of the patients wore clothes that they would wear at home; sweatpants, shorts, oversized shirts or sweaters, pajamas, socks and slippers. They seem like they all just came over for a sleepover. Some looked comfortable wearing clothes that seemed fit for outside despite being cold in the building. Looking back to Josuke, he wore black baggy sweatpants and a tight light-yellow shirt. If Okuyasu were to see him anywhere in the streets or inside buildings that aren't this one, he would think Josuke is some kind of model or celebrity from how good he looked with those clothes. If he wore them, he'd look like some creepy skeleton twink.

Since he didn't bring his own clothes from home (all ragged and dirty), Josuke offered him to wear his. He wore a baby blue oversized sweater and dark blue sweatpants. He didn't have any slippers or socks to bring, so he was barefooted the whole time along with his roommate.

"Sorry sweetie, but you have to get your lunch." He looks back to an old female nurse talking to one of the patients. "Even if you don't want to eat, you still have to get it."

It seems that everyone has to have lunch.

They were handed plastic forks and spoons, no plastic knives. Everyone was in line waiting for their food, some talking to each other and others staying silent. Josuke was talking to someone in front of them, someone he didn't know, all Okuyasu did was look at the window that was far away.