I

"Would it be easier if we brought Reid in?" Morgan sat across from the brunette

"Would it be easier if we brought Reid in?" Morgan sat across from the brunette. Her legs were shaking and she was obsessively biting her lip.

She shook her head, keeping her gaze on the ground. "No, It's fine." She didn't want to see his face as she relived the nightmares, telling her story of horrors she was afraid of him knowing.

"Okay." Morgan furrowed his eyebrows in concern. He was hesitant to move on, but they were in a time crunch. "What day was it?"

Bellamy glanced at him, fear flashing through her eyes. She wasn't ready to relive that day, even a decade later. "It was..."

The air was hot in the evening

The air was hot in the evening. Cicadas became the white noise in Bellamy's ears. She sat on the front porch. She watched the sun set, letting summer's heat dry her tears.

Her mother's yells could be heard from inside. Bellamy flinched at the woman's shrill voice. She had just been punished for leaving dirty dishes on the counter, rather than washing them.

Bellamy wiped her face. Her head throbbed from an oncoming headache. She watched as fireflies began to fly around the small yard.

A car drove up the gravel driveway to the small house. The young girl squinted as its golden headlights flashed her eyes. It stopped and a man stepped out. He was her uncle Jason.

"Uncle Jason!" She hopped up from the step and ran towards him.

He smiled brightly and hugged the young girl. He was the only one in her life that really made her smile. He was the one who comforted her when her mother sent her away crying. He became her surrogate father without even trying.

Bellamy stood proudly as she took the oath. She did it. She had graduated from the academy, top of her class. It was hard work, but she did it.

As her and the rest of the class dismissed, she spotted a friendly face in the crowd. She approached him with the biggest smile he's seen. "Uncle Jason! You came." She hugged him tightly.

"Course I came. I wouldn't miss it for the world." He gave his comforting fatherly smile. Bellamy felt pressure behind her eyes. It was almost overwhelming to her that Jason treated her like his daughter. And it wasn't like her own mother showed the same support.