III

"When did you last see Mrs

"When did you last see Mrs. Hatch?" Bellamy took out a small notepad. She didn't have the luxury of Reid's incredible memory.

The man shrugged, seemingly unsure. He averted his eyes as he answered. "The 23rd, she had a closing shift." It had been two weeks since her disappearance, and her body was discovered a few days later.

"No further contact after that?" Reid scanned the interior of the store. It was a small outlet at the end of a strip mall filled with restaurants and salons.

There it was again. A flicker of panic in the manager's demeanor. It was clear to the two profilers that he was holding something back.

"N-no." He stuttered. They could see his defeat after giving away his nervousness. He sighed, prepared for the consequences.

Bellamy put her notebook away. She leaned forward on the counter, lowering herself to look up at the man. This would be less confrontational. "There's something you're not telling us. Please, Mr. Grant. Someone murdered Felicity, and we need to find them before someone else gets hurt."

"We need you to be honest," Reid added. His gesture didn't quite appeal to her method as much but it was helpful. Weakness is attractive to withheld information.

Mr. Grant ran a hand through his course hair and stood up straight. His name tag was slightly crooked on the pocket of his button-up. "There is something else. I realize now I should have said it earlier in case it was her husband—"

"Mr. Hatch? Do you think he did it?" Bellamy remained in her position. Vulnerable. Pretty. Appealing.

The manager sighed again. "Well, I'm not sure of anything." Averted his gaze again. "Felicity and I were having an affair. I was worried he might have done it if he found out."

It wouldn't have made sense if it was Mr. Hatch. The M.O. was particular to the other murders (with the exception of Jamison). There was more aggression against Jamison. If it was Mr. Hatch, Felicity would have received the most damage. Either her of Mr. Grant.

"So did you see her after the 23rd?" Reid's eyes were narrowed behind his glasses. Bellamy found that particular stare, when he was doing his analysis in his light speed brain, rather attractive.

Mr. Grant shook his head. "No. That was the last night we..."

Bellamy nodded and stood up straight. "Thank you for your help, Mr. Grant. We'll let you know if we need any more help."

The two agents walked out into the blinding heat. Bellamy pulled a pair of aviators out of the neckline of her blouse and put them on.

"So the Unsub must have seen her cheat on her husband." Reid kept his hands in his pockets, squinting rather than covering his eyes.

Bellamy nodded and they approached the SUV. She steered to the right of the vehicle for the passenger seat. "You think the Unsub could have been a customer here?"