~Chapter 1~

Thumbnail art was posted on @Dream__Fanart on Twitter but I could not find the og artist :(
This fic is based off the song "Drugs" by EDEN!

•:°☆• The longer Dream stared at his friend's bashful expression, the more desperately he wanted to give in and stay. George held up his sweater paws to stifle a yawn and Dream caved •:°☆•

It all started that one night when Sapnap decided to leave early.

"Goodnight, fellas," he had said with a yawn, "Don't have too much fun without me."
"We won't," George had said mockingly with an eyeroll, trying to accuse Dream of being boring. In response, Sapnap chuckled light-heartedly with a, "Bye bye," before disconnecting from the voice call.

"Looks likes it's just us, Dream," the brunette cooed, raising his eyebrows at the cam.
"Mm," the Floridian had mumbled in response, slightly dozing off as he stares blankly at his monitor with half slitted eye lids, "And the tens of thousands of people watching the stream."

Despite having broad daylight shining through his window, George's eyelids were also beginning to feel heavy. Him and Dream had synced their sleep schedules after all, he wasn't used to falling asleep at the expected times.

"You look tired," George points out.
"Mm, thanks for noticing," Dream slurs, watching the latter's face cam, "You dont look too flash yourself."

"Me?" George yawns, "I feel great."

"Your yawn just told me otherwise," Dream states before chuckling. The Brit in front of him rolls his eyes and clutches his mouse.
"So are we gonna keep playing or what?"

"Up to you," Dream murmurs, quietly enough that George can hardly hear. The latter stays quiet for a moment before replying, "You seem pretty bummed out. Maybe some other time."

"Mm. Whatever you want," Dream murmurs, about to finally let his guard down.

Then he remembers he's still on call with his best friend. And still live in front of thousands.

The blonde opens his eyes wide to keep himself awake. He uses his pointer and middle finger of both hands, stretching the skin above and below his eyes. This successfully keeps his lids from falling. His eyes soon experienced a soaring, stinging pain. Dream felt as if his eyelids had been stapled to his head for extended periods of time.

The blonde releases his hold once his vision started to blur. Blinking rapidly, Dream takes in the brightness of his monitor. When his vision finally adjusts, he focuses on the sight in front of him.

His best friend had been wearing the same hoodie since the start of the day. They began calling in the early hours of the morning (for Dream, at least) and now it was dark outside. The Floridian wasn't entirely sure what his opinion on George frequently wearing his merch was. The exact merch that George claimed he had sprayed in cologne. A Dream smile hoodie (that the brunette liked to call "Dream's hoodie").
Against his will, Dream's heart began racing as his eyes linger over the screen. He watched intently as George's eyes sleepily flutter closed, then slightly open, then closed again. The oversized, charcoal hoodie seemed to swallow him whole. The collar hung slightly loose around his neck. He looked so calm and snug and Dream didn't know if he could handle it anymore.

The blonde could hear the sound of his heart as it thumped against his ribcage. Why am I so nervous?

Dream tore his eyes from the screen, tugging at his dirty blonde hair. What's wrong with me?

Before he could rethink, Dream started spitting out words, "George, I- it's getting kind of late for me."

Upon hearing his name, George's head shot up and his eyes opened. He fixed his posture. His headphones shift out of place because of the sudden motion, "WH- what was that?"

The latter couldn't help but find the Brit's fear amusing. He let out a long wheeze and George smiled coyly upon listening to it. "I said," Dream repeats himself with a teasing tone, "it's getting kind of late."
George nods sleepily in response, "What a nice observation."

"It wasn't an observation, George," Dream said, his voice a little tired and rough, "I'm telling you I'm gonna log off now."

"Noooo," George whined. He sounded similar to a toddler who had just got their lollipop snatched. "Can you just stay on the call?"

"And what, stay up all night listening to you snoring?" Dream retaliated, his cheeks dusted with pink as he thought about how badly George wanted him to stay.

"I don't even snore!" The brunette defended, "You know I don't snore..."

"Pfft. Yeah, yeah," Dream scoffed, spinning slightly on his wheelie chair. A comfortable silence filled the air as both ends remain quiet. "You really want me to stay?"

"I- I mean I..." George said, stumbling over his words. Dream found it adorable. George readjusted his headset before mumbling, "You don't have to."

There is so many dangerous things in this world yet the blonde was certain this boy would be the death of him.

The longer Dream stared at his friend's bashful expression, the more desperately he wanted to give in and stay. George held up his sweater paws to stifle a yawn and Dream caved.
"Alright, alright." The Floridian couldn't avoid smiling upon seeing George's gleeful expression.

Dream had zoned out once he heard shifting from the other end of the call. Shifting, and disappointingly, a blank screen where George's face used to be. Of course the brunette wasn't going to leave his camera on while he rested. So why was Dream so disappointed?

A short span of minutes had passed since Dream had agreed to stay. The discord call between the two had ended, along with George's live stream. The Brit no longer had to bare the pressure as thousands of eyes bore holes into his skull.

Both of them lay comfortably, wrapped up in warm bed sheets. Dream had found out in the past that company while he slept was undeniably comforting. Why? Even if him and George were an ocean apart, just the presence of his best friend was enough. Dream soon figured that maybe it wasn't just anyone's company that kept him calm. Maybe it was George's.

Soft mumbles continued throughout the night, along with on and off small talk. Despite how relaxing the situation was, Dream didn't find himself drifting off.

Thanks for reading! ^^ Hopefully I can publish the next chapter soon. Please lmk in the comments if I made any errors