06| Raw Skin

. . .

Before you start, here's the trailer for Philia as asked:

. . .

''Sad that I couldn't be there in time'' he whispers sincerely, his fingers tracing the curve of my neck still, his grip on my forearm tightening. The malignant spark on his blue faded. 

''It's ok'' I pull away from my trance and move away from him, sitting beside him, his brows knot in confusion and turned his body towards me, his back touching the window sill. His right leg over the other. 

''You ok?'' he ask again, I wasn't sure if I could trust his softness now, because he taught me never to trust his demeanour, he can burst my bubble any moment, I am waiting for it, I placing my hands on my lap and fiddled with my fingers, chewing on my lower lip.

''Yeah, am fine, j-just lost'' I stutter, still not looking back at him, I could feel his eyes boring into my side. 

''Hmm'' he hummed dropping his back onto the glass, his eyes feathering shut, My eyes roamed to his larynx moving down and back, the veins of his long neck visible, his finger played with the ring on them, rotating them in between his fingers. 

''Why are you always so rude to me?'' I blurt out before I could control it, closing my mouth shut in realisation, what did I just blurt out? 

His eyes shot open, his blues looking at me, it was so dark to be crystal blue, I shuddered when his tongue darted out, wetting his lips.

''At last, a question that has logic'' he chuckles to himself, leaning forward, looking straight into my eyes, he frightened me, more than even did. He brought his face closer and chewed on his lips, raking his eyes down every curve, every freckle, every crease of my face, I suddenly felt... Exposed.

''I am not rude little girl, this is who I am, take it or leave it'' he whispers digging his hand back into his side pockets, taking a packet of Dunhill Cigarettes. I watched with my heart on my throat of him placing them on his lips, his beautiful lips covering them.

The lighter flickered with light, making his blue irises ignite as the flame touched the end of the cigarette, I waited with bated breath for him to take a drag and then puff out the smoke. 

The moment the smoke touched my nose, I burst into an endless line cough, he simply chuckled at my trouble.

I just couldn't stand him smoking beside me anymore, we are in a bakery and manners are a must. 

Never knew where the courage came from but I simply grabbed and yanked the tobacco off his hands and threw it outside the window, a few minutes of scary silence passed with him looking down while his breath slowly paced.