∂αcσb & Cℓαiɾε

Centuries ago; in a far foreign land; lived Claire, a beautiful girl whose family was one of the wealthiest

Centuries ago; in a far foreign land; lived Claire, a beautiful girl whose family was one of the wealthiest. She was raised and educated by reputed professors and tutors; only the best for Arthur and Emilia's little girl; excelling in Literature and she also played the piano beautifully.

When she was of marriageable age, her parents fixed an alliance for her. She was an obedient daughter, so she happily agreed. The candidate was Phillip, a rich noble young man; 10 years older; who belonged to one of the most reputed families in the country.

Before the compromise took place, the whole family went for a long vacation to their home in the countryside. Claire was fascinated by all the nature surrounding her.

One day; while trying to get a closer view of colorful butterflies; she lost her balance, causing her to fall down the hill, rolling down directly into the river.

Her screams went deaf... 

There was nobody around...except for Jacob; the son of a local farmer.

Jacob jumped immediately to save her; getting a hold of her wrists; just before she touched the water. Claire was shaking and crying. He dried her tears.

He would speak softly to her to make her calm, it is then that she noticed his dreamy caramel eyes that seemed to change to green or grey

The moment they looked into each other's eyes, they were a sigh away from each other and in that very moment, they fell in love.

They met everyday, as their love grew stronger. And as time went by, Jacob showed her a secret place; with a hidden door; that he had made for them. It had a small window in the shape of a heart and was surrounded by big leafy trees, thick bushes and beautiful colorful butterflies

He named it "Spring Heart".

None of the families knew about their romance, but Frances; Claire's elder brother; became suspicious of her continuous walks into the forest for long hours during the day or night

One day, he decided to follow her and was very surprised and angered to see his sister in the arms of a boy who was not of the same social status as them.

Frances jumped in total rage towards the boy, hitting him on the head with a stone, to Claire's horrified eyes; leaving him unconscious, then dragging her back to their mansion.

Arthur was indifferent to Claire's pleadings and tears while dragging her and locking her up in her room. He grabbed his rifle and went into the forest along with Frances.

Claire had found a way to escape through her bedroom's window, but she hurt her feet while jumping. She put aside her own pain and ran the best she could, but it was too late...Jacob was dead.

What happened in the forest is a mystery, the night had set already and from a distance, Claire got to see the shadow of a man on a horse running away from the scene. In that moment, Arthur and Frances arrived with all the intention of killing the boy whose life had already been taken away.

Arthur and Frances could not understand what had happened. They had no answer to what they saw, yet there it was...laying on the grass, Jacob's dead body....and his heart; which had been removed; was next to it.

They both decided to leave, although very upset, there was nothing they could do, not knowing that behind the bushes, Claire was hiding, terrified of being heard.

Once they were gone, Claire ran to Jacob's lifeless body. She cried painfully till she no longer could.

Before Arthur and Frances noticed that she was missing and start looking for her, Claire dragged Jacob's body to their secret place, carrying in her hands; with extreme care; her lover's heart. She locked the door from the inside and laid down next to him.

There were rumors that Claire died next to Jacob inside Spring Heart

Others claim that Frances was able to find Claire and buried her alive

Some blamed Philip; Claire's future husband; who had come without notice and saw Claire and Jacob together in the forest, killing them both

Legend has it that every Spring; during sunset; 2 bright lights twinkle melodiously to the rhythm of a heartbeat, but nobody has ever found from where they shine.

Locals believe its Claire and Jacob...whose hearts still beat one for the other...

SK Moon