020

"I need you now but I don't know you yet"

We were walking together. Not talking just walking around. We were on the bench of the bus station. I was thinking, like always, I am running away with a stranger. Why? I have nowhere else to go. New York? Why New York? Is it that special?

I felt something in my hand. I didn't flinch, I learned not to. I just looked down and seen he was holding my hand. HE WAS HOLDING MY HAND. My heart had a mini panic attack. I looked at him kinda confused. I tried not to show it but he noticed.

"You think a lot or zone out." He laughed a little which calmed me down.

"Yeah, I am in my head a lot. Just trying to clear my mind." He nods as he understands. I held his hand so he didn't have to seem awkward about it. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

I looked down at my feet back to thinking. Why am I going to New York? At least there is a destination instead of just walking alone.

The bus arrives and I take a deep breath. Maybe I should tell him I am broke? Will he pay? I get out of my thoughts and realize we are now walking to the back. 

I sit down confused and guilty. "I'm sorry that you had to pay for me." He looked at me and just smiled. Omg, that smile.

"No, it's ok. I have enough. I was gonna buy a hotel out here but then saw you so I figured that the hotel money could be spent on you." He looked at him sadly. He's wasting his money on me? How sweet.

"Thanks, that means a lot. But are you sure? You don't have to." He just looked at me with a smirk.

"No, really I insist. You are troubled and so am I. So let's be troubled together."

"Thanks. Once I get the money I will pay you back?" Sounded more of a question than a statement.

"You have to stop worrying and overthinking things. Just relax." I nodded. Relax.