Summer 🍉

No warnings, just fluff 💓
Btw I'm not taking credit for any of the pics I include in my stories, I would give credit to the original artist, but I found them on Pinterest and I couldn't find a place that showed the artist name. 🥲

"Could it be any hotter?!" You huffed, throwing yourself back against the couch, arms splayed out, legs stretched to reach the coffee table where they rested, the cold wooden top cooling the back of your legs, eyes closed.

"I'm sorry, y/n/n." Your b/f's shoulders slumped, the collar of his shirt soaked in sweat, him plopping beside you. "They can't come out and fix the AC till tomorrow."

This was the first day you'd ever experienced summer heat without an AC to escape to, and of all days for it to brake on, it broke on the hottest day of the month so far.
You sat in silence for a moment before b/n jumped up. "I have an idea!"
"Hm?" You half heartedly groaned.
"Let's go to the store, buy some watermelon and a fan to keep us cool for now."

Your eyes opened, brightening at the thought of an air conditioned store.
Not wasting a moment, you pushed yourself up, grabbing your purse, tossing on your flip flops, racing out the door, b/n behind you, chuckling.

Once in the store, you both took your time shopping, not in any hurry to leave the cool atmosphere.
"Here's the watermelon," b/n led you down another aisle to the produce section, rows of watermelon lined up.
"Yuuuuummm." You began searching through for the best watermelon, b/n watching you with slight amusement.
"Do you really have to go through this whole process?" He laughed.
"Yes. It has to have webbing and a large yellow spot. Green, but not too green, and more round then long, because I want it to be sweeter." You answered confidently, continuing your search.
"What does it's roundness have to do with sweetness?" B/n tucked his hands in the pockets of his jeans, knowing this would take a while.
"The round ones are sweeter, and the longer, more oval shaped ones are more watery." You didn't look up from the watermelons.

B/n patiently watched as you picked through them, finally landing on one.
"This one!" You patted it triumphantly.
"Okey dokey, weirdo." B/n teased, but planted a kiss on your head before picking it up, holding your hand with his free one.
You smiled, blushing lightly, quickening your pace to keep up with his long steps.
"Now for a fan..."

10 minutes later, you went through self check out, b/n trading and having you carry the watermelon while he carried the fan, he was gonna carry both but you insisted on helping.

Back at the house, b/n set up the fan, you running to the kitchen to cut the watermelon up into slices, putting several on a plate and the others in the fridge to cool.
"Yay!!" B/n cheered as you walked into the living room with the plate of fruit, doing a little dance of excitement, setting it on the coffee table, sitting and curling your legs up under you, b/n doing the same.
"Mmmm...you were right." He closed his eyes, savoring the watermelon, barely swallowing his first bite before biting off more.
"Told ya." You smirked, digging into your own with a hum of satisfaction.

"This is kinda fun." B/n's hair was gently blown back by the fan, it rotating to blow on you, cooling your neck.
"Yeah." You agreed, nodding.

In minutes, the watermelon that had been on the plate was gone, leaving it tummies full and content.
"Maybe our AC should brake more often."
"Maybe." You smiled.

Ring! Ring!

The two of you turned to your phone that sat on the couch, a couple feet away.

Ring! Ring!

You stretched out, grabbing it, glancing at the screen. An unknown number was calling.
"You answer." You tossed it at b/n, smiling sheepishly. "Please."
He laughed rolling his eyes, "it's probably just a scam."

Ring! Ring!

"Hello?" B/n answered, bringing the phone to his ear.
He was silent for a moment, and then his face brightened. "That sounds good! Thank you." He wiggled his eyebrows at you. "Ok. Thank you. Good bye."
"Who was it?"
"The AC guys. One of their clients canceled! They're coming here in less than an hour!!"
You launched forward, hugging B/n, bringing him down with you, the cool wooden floor cooling your skin.
"Thank goodness!" You sighed happily. "I lied about the ac braking again. I don't want it to ever break again!"
He laughed knowingly, turning so you laid beneath him, propped up on his elbow for support, placing small butterfly kisses on your neck, his other hand roaming your side under your shirt, tickling your waist.
"B/n stop!" You laughed, pushing his hand away, gasping for air as he continued, your laughter filling the living room.

After an eternity he stopped, kissing your forehead, nose, then lips.
"C'mon, let's go get ready." He pushed up onto his knees, helping you up.
"Ok, one thing first tho," you stood, bending over.
Your lips hovered over his teasingly as you reached out, suddenly tickling his neck and under his arms as he shrieked, falling back.
"Haha, we're even now."
"Oh no we're not!" B/n moved to stand as you yelped, running to the back of the house laughing, him close on your heels.