Chapter 23

SNAP! SNAP!

The crowd erupted as Adrien walked out onto the runway. With every step towards the end the of the path a different squeal erupted out of girls. He was the only one onstage. 

Adrien kept his straight "runway" face as he posed in front of the cameras, moving his hands on his hips or putting them in his pockets. Every pose was different but very, very stylish. Girls tried reaching toward him over the runway anxiously wanting to touch is well polished shoes. With raised eyebrows and small smile Adrien turned back and kept a steady pace back towards the stage entrance. 

Ladies wearing Gabriel's clothes came streaming out of no where as Adrien walked behind the curtain and back to the dressing rooms. 

With many deep breaths Adrien headed back to his own dressing room and prepared himself for his next appearance. Through the doorway he could already see that black box on his desk, and he immediately turned his attention away and focused on the closet. 

Quickly,  he opened up the closet and searched for his next outfit. When he couldn't find it he got annoyed and called for Natalie. Within seconds Natalie appeared in his doorway asking what he needed. 

"My next outfit isn't here. The one with the grey plaid pants and green tie is the one I need next," Adrien said plainly. 

Natalie nodded and went to fetch the outfit that was missing. With the extra time to spare Adrien started to prep his outfit after. He grabbed all the pieces included with the suit and hung them up on some hangers on the opposite wall. Adrien hated when he wasn't ready prepared, and he needed something to distract himself. 

He heard his phone buzz from the other side of the room, and felt the urge to go see what was going on. He figured it was probably just his father telling him to get ready for the next outfit. 

Adrien moved toward his bag on his chair and felt around for a phone. After reaching the bottom of the bag he realized that his phone wasn't in there. 

Where could it be?

The only other place he thought his phone would be is located on his desk, which made him mad at himself. NO WAY he wanted to go over there, which sounded silly even just thinking about it. This little box scared him more than anything. 

Adrien took a deep breath and really wondered if he really needed to look at his phone. To his dismay he can't help himself. 

So he walked over to his desk and avoided contact with the box. He located his phone instantly and went to grab it quickly. When he was about to walk away he noticed a picture frame comfortably sitting on his desk. In the frame was a picture of him and Marinette sitting on a bench in their favorite park. Adrien's arm was around Marinette while her gaze was focused solely on him with the happiest smile. 

Adrien remembered that day so vividly that it instantly made him snap. He couldn't hold it in any longer, so he let the tears fall again. Sitting himself down on his chair he put his hands over his face as he sobbed. 

Everything was perfect, until it wasn't. He wanted it back so bad. 

Every tear he spilled pulled out a memory that he shared with Marinette, good or bad. The moment when they were in the alley, holding each other tightly. Every moment outside the bakery where they shared sweet moments. Chloe and her messing with things about him moving away from Paris. Everything came out.

He wondered to himself why he couldn't just let her go.

Adrien's tears started to slowly stop flowing and he found himself looking at the picture once again. He pulled out a tissue and wiped his eyes to remove any sign of him crying, realizing his makeup was probably all gone. Adrien took a deep breath as he tried to fill that empty place he had in his heart from Marinette.