Chapter 57

"It's just all so weird to me," I admitted honestly to Pierce "Watching my mom with everyone else. I had known she knew everyone in Crestmont but I guess it just never had processed the entire way."

"You'll get used to it." Pierce handed me my leather jacket "I mean your mom is what ran this gang for years, she knows all the ups and downs of it. You'll process it over time, you're still in shell shock from finding everything out."

Pierce was right, I just didn't know how long it would take me to begin to process everything. I followed Pierce out of the bedroom before stopping in front of June's bedroom door. Pierce raised his fist on the door before yelling "June let's go!"

I paused for a moment before hearing faint moaning on the other side of the door. My eyes widened as I looked over to Pierce, his face turning to pure anger in realization. "JUNIPER!" Pierce shouted as he pounded on the door, his voice louder than before.

Seconds later, the door opened slightly-only enough for June to pop her head out. "I'm kinda in the middle of something." She sent Pierce a look that said Leave-Me-Alone. Pierce rolled his eyes in annoyance "Fuck Cypress later, we need to go now."

June looked over to me, sending me a pleading look to get Pierce to stop. "Pierce it's okay, June will just catch a ride with him. We can meet up with them later." I insisted, pushing Pierce down the hall before he could argue with me. Looking back, June mouthed 'Thank you before slamming the door shut.

"I can't fucking believe he is fucking my sister." Pierce muttered under his breath "What best friend does that with a sibling? She's my twin for christ's sake, it's like he's fucking me in a sense."

"1) That's not really how sex works. And 2) Pierce, I'm June's best friend who you are also fucking-it's the same situation. You just need to let her be happy, and she is with Cypress. June is 18, she is old enough to make her own decisions about her love life." I explained for what felt like the 100th time. Pierce would never be completely okay with Cypress and June, and that was ok-he just had to tolerate it.

We made our way down to the end of the steps, walking to the door before being called after. "Going somewhere?" Mrs. Gunner's words stopped both of us in our tracks. I looked over to see my mother still sitting with Mrs. Gunner at the dining room table-seeing their catching up turned into an hour-long occurrence.

"There's a race tonight," Pierce answered nonchalantly. There was a race tonight with 10,000 bettings on it and was open to the public-not just gangs. It was the first race I had been to in a while and I was nervous, to say the least. I was glad I wasn't going to worry about seeing any Coinston's nearby after them being most wanted.

"Aspen you race?" My mother cocked an eyebrow at me out of curiosity. "Not exactly..." I trailed off "I have before but not that many times."

"Well be safe, no matter what you do." She narrowed her eyes at me "And Pierce take care of her, don't let anyone come close to her."

"Will do, Ashlynn," Pierce answered before taking my hand in his and leading me out of the house. 'Be safe' was all she said, something that was so strange to me. If my father found out I was going to a race, he would have a heart attack and lock me in my bedroom so I couldn't go. I reminded myself my mom knew how gangs worked and what you had to do when part of them. She was so okay with it because she did the same things when she was my age.

Walking over to Pierce's challenger, I slid my body into the black leather passenger seat before Pierce took off, wasting no time at all. "So who's racing tonight?" I asked curiously, not knowing who Xander had picked for this race. It was no doubt the strongest racers had been Pierce, Xander, Cypress, and Tyson-who typically raced all the time.