Chapter 7

Americas POV

I couldn't take all the pressure. Maxon loves me but he chose Kriss. I'm carrying his children and he doesn't know, and he wants to marry me. It was all too much. I was stressing out when I really shouldn't be. I decided to go for a walk in the garden, those always seem to calm me down.

I went downstairs and snuck past the, supposed to be, small party in the Great room. It was booming with noise and I could smell the alcohol from the hallway. I eventually made it to the garden doors. There were two guards standing their posts and I could see the familiar green eyes of my best friend.

"Hey dork." I said with a smile.

"Hey loser. How's it being back in the palace?"

"Oddly familiar. It feels like- like home." I sighed "Yeah I get it kid." I looked back up at Aspen to see him smiling at me.

"Well, I was just going to take a walk in the garden. I suppose I need someone protecting me while I'm out there?"

"Yes, I suppose you do." He turned to the other guard. "Officer Louise, I will be escorting Lady America for a walk in the garden, do you have it covered here?"

"Yes sir." Officer Louise said. Aspen offered me his arm and I gladly took it. He then pushed open the big oak doors and the warm Angeles breeze hit me. It refreshed my mind and relaxed me immediately. We were silent for the first part of our walk. I was just enjoying the familiar warm air. I finally asked Aspen the one question I had been wanting to know.

"So, are you and Lucy, you know, engaged yet?" He chuckled and turned to me.

"I am happy to say yes we are. The wedding will be next summer here in Angeles." I sort of squealed then pulled him into a hug. "I'm so happy for you! You and Lucy deserve each other."

"Thanks' Mer." He pulled back from our hug and sat down on a nearby bench. I soon realized that it wasn't any ordinary bench, it was my bench, our bench. I slowly sat down next to him.

"You know you deserve a happy ending too, right?"

"Sometimes I do. I just- I ruined it eight months ago. I should have told you that we were over a long time ago."

"And I should have told you about Lucy the minute we started seeing each other. I'm sorry that I ruined it for you." I looked up at him in disbelief. "Aspen this is not your fault. I'm the one who hugged you."

"Yeah but it's my fault that I didn't tell you about Lucy sooner." I sighed "Fine how about we just blame it on Maxon?"

"But it's not all his fault either."

"I'm being sarcastic, dork." He laughed "Sure you are" We sat and laughed together until I realized where I was again.

"There are a lot of memories at this bench." I put my hand down on the cold stone. Aspen put his hand on top of mine and sighed.

"I know Mer. I'm so sorry." He pulled me into a hug and I started to cry. "Why can't I just have one good thing?"

"You have the babies."

"But they're his. I'm always going to have some bit of him with me."

"I know it's tough Mer, but you'll get through it." Aspen pulls me into another hug when I hear the step of someone on the gravel walkway. I turn my head up so I can see who it is. Maxon. His head was down and he was mindlessly kicking a rock down the path. I slowly pull away from Aspen. He smiled at me and offered his hand to me. I took it and we started our way back inside. Maxon then looked up from his rock. He looked me directly in the eye with a sad smile. I tried to avoid his beautiful chocolate eyes while walking, but I couldn't. I just melted into the hot chocolate, they melted me, he melted me.

I quickly looked back towards the doors. Maxon stopped walking and turned towards Aspen and I.

"America I-" I just kept walking. I needed to get out of there. Little did I know I wasn't leaving anytime soon. 

Just an update, the next chapter is super, super long. In hinge sight I probably should have separated it but I dint feel the need to, so buckle up for a very long chapter next on Disney channel. 

-Tori