09

"EVERYTHING WILL BE fine," Verine straightened Tahani's saree at the back while Lucia rubbed at her pleats, "I'm sure Tovi will love him

"EVERYTHING WILL BE fine," Verine straightened Tahani's saree at the back while Lucia rubbed at her pleats, "I'm sure Tovi will love him."

"I mean, there's no reason to not like him, right?" Lucia stood up, eyeing her older sister and she shook her head.

"Of course not. But, you know, I'm still worried."

"Tovi will definitely grill him—"

"As she should," Elena cut her off.

"—but that doesn't mean she won't love him, okay?" Verine continued.

"Nini, Nini, Nini," Clover's eager voice filled the room and they all spun to see her leap in, "He's here!"

"Ah, okay," sighing, Tahani looked in the mirror one more time. Flattening her hair, she eyed her appearance; makeup, jewellery, saree.

Satisfied, she turned on her heel and followed the girls to the front entrance.

Tova stood tall, hands on her hips with Sae beside her as she, too, tried to look as intimidating as possible. Estrella and Rowan stood behind the two as they tried to hide their excitement and that calmed Tahani's nerves a little.

Just a little.

The large, majestic doors opened to reveal the one man who would continue to steal all the breath from her time and time again. The man who stared back at her with a million suns in honeyed eyes and stardust dripping from chocolate hair.

Today he donned a simple black blazer and matching slacks over a familiar white button up shirt. The clothes, although plain, seemed tailored for him, seemed as though they were worth a large sum of money.

"Hello," he held his hand out to Tova, "I'm Jimin, it's nice to finally meet you."

"Likewise," Tova shook his hand before Sae did the same.

"I brought some bread for your table," he said as he lifted a basket of food, gorgeously arranged with flowers.

Clover gasped, shuffling over and taking it from him, "Thank you!"

He smiled at her, eyes then lifting to scan the rest of the girls there. He looked as though he wanted to offer a handshake to all of them but Tova had started walking to the dining room, motioning for everyone to join.

Tahani hung back a few seconds, waiting for them all to follow Tova before trailing behind with Jimin.

"Hi," she whispered, stepping in close to him.

"Hi," he hissed back, voice laced in nerves too, "Can you tell I'm shaking?"

"No," she lied, "You have nothing to worry about," she lied again, "They will love you."

"This is the crown princess we're talking about," he took in a deep breath, "and the nine other princesses. I have everything to worry about."