Chapter 22

"We look like a mess!"

"You always look like one. Nothing has changed."

"Hey!" Francis shouted as he knocked on the oak door. The door unlocked itself as the tired couple inside glanced at the two standing outside. Kiku placed up his pointer finger until he shook his head and his tall boyfriend's big mouth opened up.

"Jesus christ, did you burn down your house or something through cooking bro?" Alfred asked, poking the british man who finally opened his green eyes, a tired expression that didn't want to deal with the bullshit of his younger brother.

"No, I didn't leave the stove on Alfred. Everything was in check before I passed out from exhaustion..." Arthur closed his tired green eyes as Kiku moved out of the way and turned towards them.

"You guys can stay here," Kiku softly responded. Alfred was about to protest about being back in his older brother's presence and only opened the door further. "I'll show you two to your shared room.." Kiku placed a comforting hand on Alfred's shoulder, seemingly lifting the male's mood.

"Thanks," Francis placed a hand up in the air as he carried the slumbering male into the small house. The white carpet became stained with ash as Francis followed Alfred to the room and opened the door.

"Please make sure he doesn't do anything foolish..." Alfred sighed as he shut the door behind him softly. "He didn't go out to drink, did he?"

Francis pressed his lips together as he responded, "there was a woman in the house. A former... prisoner."

"Ah, I see."

Francis placed the male down on the bed sheets and placed their two glimmering swords on the desk stand. He turned towards the coughing man and noticed his eyes were closed. Francis softly began to undress himself from his ashy pirate clothing and he was halfway putting on clean pants when he heard a loud cough.

"Should I...?" Arthur turned away as Francis veered his head over the shoulder.

"I don't mind~" Francis chirped as the groggily male slouched out of bed and towards a dresser. There was a knitted green sweater and Francis gave a sly smile.

"Yours~?"

"This was my old bedroom," Arthur simply stated, not saying anything as he kept his ashy brown pants on. "This used to be my house before giving it over to Alfred since he could take much better care of it than I could after quitting to become a detective."

"Why'd you quit?" Francis asked as Arthur scratched his arm, keeping his eyes closed.

"I wanted to follow my dreams, the usual. However, there was something else. I was tired of being something I wasn't. What do you do for a living?"

"I work at a local bar! I want to go to college but it's too expensive. I'm lucky I have a nice looking house because those bills are hard to pay..." Francis plopped down next to Arthur, who instantly shot up.

"I'm going to ask Kiku if it would be okay if I used the washer and dryer they possess for our uniforms." Arthur grabbed the soaked-ashy clothing they had worn on that fateful night and Francis only nodded.

Francis watched the blond headed male dart out the door and grabbed Arthur's sword swiftly. The blade shined when Francis lifted it towards the glass. The silver blade had pink spots splattered all over it, giving it the small charm. Francis posed with the sword and held it out in front of him, his stance ready and quick. His purple eyes were so focused in front of him, that he couldn't help but stay determined. "... Wow..."

"Annnnnnnnnnnnd now, I will have to wash my blade." Arthur leaned against the doorframe, the male's body jumped towards the ceiling, the sword falling out of Francis' hands. "Since you look so determined, let's practice."