Prolouge (Short and Simple)

*Jonah's POV

  I had already been halfway to Amy's house before I realized I had nowhere to go. That just bought another wave of regret and anxiety. 

We broke up.

I had to say that sentence over and over again, yet, I still couldn't bring myself to believe it. 

I had left so angry, but not really sure who that emotion was directed to. Amy? Garret? Could've even been Parker at this point. 

Parker.

I hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to that kid yet.

 I felt dizzy all of a sudden, the alcohol taking over my senses. I hadn't wanted to drive in the first place, but Garret had insisted that the whiskey would wear off. Guess that statement didn't count when you had a whole bottle of the stuff coursing through the system. I usually didn't drink at all, unless it was a special occasion, or I was upset enough. I hadn't been like that in a while. 

Tonight was a different story. 

My vision was blurry, and I was vaguely aware of my phone making noise and I reached for it. A call from someone by the contact name of "A-hole" with a red heart. The tempt to answer it was so strong, but what did I have to say to her? Nothing. That was it.

Crash

    I heard the seemingly distant sounds of metal against metal, my tires screeching, my windows shattering. 

     I felt my body go dull. My car flipped multiple times until it hadn't had the momentum to do so anymore. I felt the airbag go off, and the excruciating pain in my chest. 

     The last thing I saw was the faint image of the truck that had hit my car, the headlights growing farther and farther away, and my world was enveloped in darkness.