✿Chapter 2.02✿

Felix does not change his expression, but he does blink slowly for a moment. 

"Why would you want that?" Felix shortly asked. 

"I-I want to get involved in your lives" 

The boy with freckles tilts his head, confused.

"In any case, please let me do what I can. Am I not allowed?"

"You are free to do as you wish" Felix confirmed.

Seungmin feels slightly disappointed hearing his blunt words. But he is glad to have something to do now.

I will use this opportunity to learn more about these people.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Felix tells Seungmin how to get into town. After buying the ingredients, I return to the estate around evening.

I never expected such a large stairway to connect this place with the land...

He quickly begin working on the meal in the kitchen which hasn't been used in a long time.

"What are you doing?"

"L-Lee Know!" 

Lee Know peeks his head into the kitchen. 

"Are you making food?" The soldier asked.

"Yes, I wanted to make everyone dinner" 

Lee Know looks through the ingredients Seungmin bought, as if interested.

"What are you getting at? Do human do this to attract people?" Lee Know says with his usual smirk.

"That's not my intention. I just wanted to help out..."

"I never asked you to make my dinner. Aren't you pushing your kindness a bit too much?"

Lee Know says this, enjoying Seungmin's reaction.

Why is he being so difficult?

"Think about why there are no servants in this estate. I don't need any dinner" He says this and leaves.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Seungmin finishes cooking dinner, but he is unsure where to go. Felix suddenly appears.

"Felix! Where should I bring dinner?"

"Lord Bang eats in his room"

"Should I bring it to him there?" Seungmin offers.

"Ask him yourself. I shall guide you" Felix replies.

Felix brings him to Chan's room. Seungmin places down the tray with the food.

"What is this?" Chan asked.

"I made dinner. If you like, please try it"

Chan looks down at the tray as if he spotted something suspicious.

"Sorry that is's just something simple. This is a vegetable and meat stew..."

"What is your intention? I do not remember asking you to make me dinner"

"I-I heard that you carry your meals from a restaurant in town. I thought this would be better than cold food..."

"Felix... taste it for me"

"Yes" Felix obeys.

Seungmin quickly waves his hands.

"There isn't any poison! I wouldn't-" 

"Don't make a scene in my room. Be quiet"

Hearing Chan's instruction, Felix tastes the food. He takes a bite of each dish and looks up.

"There are no problems" Felix said bluntly.

Chan snorts, takes his knife, and tastes the food.

"What's the matter?" Chan asked Seungmin.

"N-nothing..."

It doesn't really feel like I can ask him whether it's good...

Seungmin leaves Chan's room like that.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Felix also says that he would eat in his room. Seungmin proposes that they eat together in the sunroom.

Felix tilts his head and follows Seungmin.

The view is so nice. It really is a waste.

"How is... Chan? Do you think he liked the food?" Seungmin asked out of nowhere.

"I don't know"

While he tries to get a conversation going, Felix doesn't speak anymore to him.

I said that I would help... but is it really a bother?

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

A few days pass. He wondered if there was anything he could do... He decides to help Felix with his daily tasks.

He tried his best to proactively get involved in their lives, but... It appears that these people don't interact much with one another.

In general, Chan is stuck in his room, doing something. Lee Know eats out. He doesn't come back sometimes. 

Felix will immediately go to Chan if called. He suddenly disappears.

They all eat separately. Felix will come with Seungmin if if he ask him. But it just feels like he isn't there.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

He takes the cookies he made earlier and head to Chan's room.

I tried to make snacks today. I don't know if he'll accept them.

"C-Chan, it's Seungmin" 

He knocks quietly, but there is no reaction inside.  He slowly opens the door.

Is he sleeping???

Chan sits on the sofa with his eyes closed. Seungmin listens closely and hears him breathing.

Seungmin closes the door as to not make a sound. He softly places the tray on the table before the sofa. 

He really does look pretty when he sleeps...

He peers at Chan's sleeping face, as if drawn in. Just then...