✿Chapter 3.01✿

Chan turns to leave, but Seungmin stops him.

"What?"

Chan turns around, looking more annoyed than before.

He seems upset, but I like this more than his cold expression.

"D-do you want to have tea together?"

Chan opens his mouth slightly and stops moving.

"What is that?"

"What? Tea?"

"I'll make some! Please wait"

Seungmin quickly flies out of the sunroom and runs to the kitchen. He quickly makes tea in the kitchen and returns to sunroom.

I finally have a chance to talk to Chan. But I left without hearing his response. He might have already returned to his room.

"You took to long"

Chan crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow in annoyance, but he is sitting on the chair.

"I-I thought you might have gone back to your room"

"... why do I need to listen to your proposal... What is your intention? You made me wait here. You must have some reason"

I don't know if this is a proper reason, but...

"I wanted to know more about you. I-I just wanted to talk..."

"Talk?"

"I haven't had a chance to speak with you since I came here"

"Why is that necessary?"

"Well I am living here now. I thought we should know more about one another..."

He's just going to say he isn't interested in me...

However, he doesn't say anything, but just remains silent.

"...I see. I do have some interest in the life cycle of humans. This is a good opportunity. Tell me about humans"

"About humans?"

"Yes. There are almost no books in this world about humans. Let me ask you. What does it mean to be human"

What does it mean to be human? That's a pretty abstract question...

"Umm humans... are mammals... what was it, humanoid? What was our species name again?"

He isn't asking about that...

"I don't think we are all that different from you... perhaps"

"What do you mean perhaps?"

"I don't really know what angels and demons are..."

"Let me change my question. You don't appear to have magic. Is that true of all humans?"

"Yes. I think that almost all people aren't magical"

"Almost all?"

"Well there are all sorts of people. So there might be some people who have that sort of strange power"

"You won't give me a straight answer"

Chan appears annoyed at Seungmin's answer.

I have never really thought about what being human means before. But...

"In other words, humans are very diverse beings. There are all sorts of people, with different languages and appearances.

They have different abilities. Humans have that potential. But I also think that is one of the strong points of humans"

"I see..."

Seungmin feels embarrassed talking about something so unfamiliar. He takes a sip of tea.

"I see. You are a fascinating creature"

Chan takes a sip of his tea.

He drank it!

Seungmin stares and Chan looks at him suspiciously.

"What?"

I thought he needed Felix to taste it again.

The younger feels a little closer to him. He is happy about this.

"... you said that you don't know about angels and demons"

"Yes... Will you tell me about them?"

"... you must have an image of angels and demons in your mind"

"Y-yes..."

"The origin of those ideas was the intense brainwashing of a human who visited this world long ago.

You are not the only human who has come here. There are not many, but there have been others.

The King at the time... was an angel. He brainwashed the human into believing that demons were evil beings.

He returned the human back to her world and perhaps that knowledge spread around."

"That's..."

"So foolish. How does blaspheming demons in another world help us here..."

"What are real demons and angels then?"

"We used to live together, in the same nation. However, angels and demons are different tribes.

We cannot produce children together and our nature is different. Small fights led to anger among the tribes.

In the end, we separated"

"... after a long war, you came up with the King system, right?"

As he says this, Chan looks at him, unamused.

"... did the demons tell you that?"

"Yes. Someone named Yeonjun told me about that..."

Chan's face seems upset as Seungmin says this.

 What's wrong???

"Why... did you flee Changbin's state?"

"How did you know about that?"

"Felix told me"

"You could have just stayed at the demon's state. Why did you escape?"

"That's... I wanted to search for a way home myself. I didn't want to believe that I needed to wait a whole three months...

But I learned that I just have to wait for the Red Moon in three months anyway"

"Fool. So that was pointless"

"Well yeah..."

"... but if you stayed with him, you would be terribly unhappy..."

"What do you mean???"

In the middle of Seungmin's question... BANG!!!

"Huh what are you two doing here?"

Lee Know enters, looking like he found something interesting.

"Are you two have a friendly cup of tea as you watch the skies? You really have an odd taste in people, Chan"

"Umm... that isn't it" Seungmin fiddles with his fingers.

BANG!!!

"... don't make stupid jokes"

Chan stands up and glares at Lee Know. Chan then leaves the sunroom like that.

And we were just really talking...

"Hmm... I see"

What does Lee Know sees? He comes and sits next to me.

"... you... How did you tame him?"