Get Up by Mayday Parade

"I overslept???" Izzy yelled as she shot out of bed and immediately started trying to fix her matted hair and get dressed, at the same time.

"Sorry! I got distracted!" I told her.

"By what?" She asked, still trying to get herself looking presentable.

"Oh, ya know, just Oli Sykes, Breathe Carolina, and We the Kings. No biggie." I said, nonchalantly.

Izzy stopped trying to fix her hair in the mirror to look at me, her mouth gaping, "What?!" She screamed, running across the room and pouncing on me, "OHMYGOD, LET'S GO!" She yelled, totally forgetting about her mussed hair and dragging me out the door.

******************************************************************************************

We made it into the event center at, precisely, eleven. Izzy scanned the room, squealing a little with each turn. Travis Clark approached us once Izzy was done fangirling.

"Hey, guys, wanna come sit with us?" He asked.

"Sure," I answered for both of us because Izzy was too starstruck to respond. Travis lead us over to some empty seats, where the rest of We the Kings was sitting, along with the girls of Cherri Bomb, and Jaime Preciado from Pierce the Veil. I swear, everywhere I turn, I see another one of my idols. I must admit, my stomach got a bit knotted up as we approached the girls from Cherri Bomb. I nervously fixed my blue and red bangs, trying to act natural.

After a few minutes of chatting with Jaime, the girls, and We the Kings, the boys from All Time Low took the stage at the front of the event center.

"What's up, guys?!" Alex screamed, jumping up and down along with the rest of his bandmates, "So, we're just here to clear some stuff up about how it's gonna work this year. As you guys all probably know, this year, the bands will be assigned different merch people and stage managers every week, just to switch things up. However, each band will have a few merch kids and stage managers bunking with them in their tour buses. You'll all get your bus assignments after we're done here.

"Also, we have a bit of bad news," Rian announces, stepping forward. We hear some groans and boos around us, "As some of you might've already figured out, the It Boys! aren't here. Right now, they're in Hollywood gearing up for their new album, so they had to withdraw from playing Warped this year. So, there's a slot open on the Monster stage that we're currently trying to fill. If you have any suggestions as to someone who's available and willing to take their place, then please let us know." He informs us.

Izzy elbows me in the ribs. I've been professionally trained to perform on stage, but I've been too scared to actually try and get gigs. Izzy looks at me raising her eyebrows, expecting me to stand up and volunteer. Izzy rolls her eyes and quickly turns the other direction, whispering in Travis' ear. I'm not sure what she says, but Travis jumps up from his perch on his chair. He yells, "I have a suggestion!" He proclaims with excessive flamboyance.

All Time Low's attention turns towards our direction. I brush my bangs in front of my eyes, hoping no one will notice me and Travis will withdraw his proclamation, "Yeah, Travis?" Alex asks.

"I nominate Amaya!" He yells pointing down at me. I slowly look up from my hiding. All eyes are on us. I gulped, trying to look somewhat composed.

"Ok, awesome," Zack says, "Bring her up here."

Izzy grabs my arm, forcing me to stand up, and pushes me down the row. Once I'm out, she returns to her seat. I make the walk down the aisle, trying to steady my breathing. When I get to the base of the stage, Alex reaches down, offering me his hand. I take it gratefully and look out on the crowd of eyes.

"You're a musician?" Jack asks.

"Yeah, but, right now, I'm just a merch girl and a stage manager." I tell them.

"Awesome! What experience do you have?" Rian asks.

"Well, I went to an arts high school in Denver and I've been professionally trained by rock musicians to perform on stage." I say, nervously.

"What do you play?" Zack asks.

"Guitar, bass guitar, keys, ukulele, and vocals." I answer, pushing my bangs out of my face.

"Can we get a guitar up here?" Alex yells to one of the Warped guys standing in the back of the event center.

"Wh-what?" I stutter, looking at Alex.

"You're gonna play something for us." He insists, smiling. My eyes grew wide as I looked at him for only another brief second because All Time Low was ushered off stage and an acoustic guitar was thrust into my arms.

I turned towards the audience as I put the guitar strap on. I took a deep breath, trying to stay calm.

I couldn't believe I was gonna do this, but I guess I didn't really have a choice. Izzy and her big mouth.

***********************************************************************************************************

(A/N) Sorry for the wait! I didn't really expect anyone to actually read this. I'll update a lot more now!

Thanks for your support!