Chapter 3

Everyone had been asking a lot of questions since Todoroki and Sero got back from recovery girls office. They were getting ready to tell them everything so they all say in the common room. Sero looked at Todoroki who was looking down playing with his hands. Sero learned very quickly that was something Todoroki done when he was upset or thinking alot. Sero knew it was his fault, he was slowly taking Todoroki's bestfriend away. He rather do that then ever lose his love for Todoroki though no matter how much it hurts himself or Todoroki because he knew one day Todoroki would get through and passed it. All Todoroki would be losing was a friend, if Sero got the surgery he would lose the love of his life, he didn't care what a soulmate mark would tell him he knew Todoroki was the live of his life. Weather he was Todoroki's didn't matter. He nudged Todoroki making him look up at him, he smiled at him.
"It'll be okay Todo, don't worry about me. I've still got enough time. I'm even hoping I'll be here for your birthday." He said smiling softly.
"I know I just don't want to lose you. You're my bestfriend Sero." Todoroki said. Sero opened his mouth to say something but their friends began walking over and sitting down.
"Hey, what happened earlier Sero-bro?" Kirishima said. Everyone nodded to let him know they was wondering also. Sero took a deep breath. He looked at them all.
"Well, I have something called Hanhakie disease." He said earning a few gasp from people.
"For those of you who don't know what it is, basically it's a sickness that slowly kills me. Flowers grow in my lungs and slowly making it harder to breathe." He said.
"I am so sorry" Deku said looking at him. A few people nodded in agreement.
"What caused it Sero..?" Denki asked his friend. Sero and Denki had also been really close since their first year.
"Not necessarily what more like who." Todoroki cut in. Everyone looked up because that was the first thing he had said since they all came over.
"Todoroki it's okay really. But he is right. It's who not a what. The sickness is caused because I'm in love with someone. The only way to fix it is to tell the person and hope they love me back or to get a surgery. The surgery will cause me to lose my feelings for the person." He said, "Before anyone ask, no I will not be getting the surgery. It's my decision and I choose not to forget this person okay? I need y'all to respect that." Denki, Mina and Kirishima all looked at him and at the same time said,
"What?? No!!" Bakugo took this as his moment to step in. He smacked all of them on the back of the heads.
"Ow babe!! What was that for?" Denki looked at Bakugo. Bakugo smirked.
"We are going to support his decision. Why? Because he is our friend. I'm not the nicest person in the world but I will protect my friends and support them. You all know this. If he doesn't want to have the surgery we can't make him. I understand where he is coming from. If I was in his position I would do the exact same thing." Bakugo said, "You come with me." He said looking at Sero. Sero stood up and walked by Bakugo and they walked outside.
"It's him isn't it?" Bakugo said. Sero looked at him and laughed.
"What is who?" Sero asked.
"Don't play dumb. I may support your decision but that doesn't mean Im not upset at it. You're doing this because you don't want to forget you love for Todoroki, right?" Bakugo looked at Sero. Sero just nodded, he need to tell someone who better then Bakugo,
"Yeah. It's Todoroki." Sero said.
"Why not just tell him?" Bakugo asked.
"Because I don't want to ruin our friendship. If he doesn't love me back I'll die anyways. So it's just easier this honestly." He said with all honesty. Bakugo just nodded at him.
"Okay, I think you're dumb but I'm not gonna force you to tell him." Sero chuckled at that. Bakugo may act all tough and bad but he really did have a soft spot for his friends.
"Thank you man" Sero said. With that they both walked back into the commen room where everyone was hanging out. Well almost everyone, Todoroki wasn't there anymore. Sero didn't think much about it just figured he went to bed a little early. So Sero sat talking with his friends enjoying time with them all. Soon they all began to get ready for bed. They said their goodnights and head to their rooms. Sero layed back on his bed thinking about everything that had went down. He hates having to leave Todoroki alone in this world but he couldn't live in a world without loving him. So as he slowly drifted off to sleep he was thinking of all the things they had to do over the next couple of weeks. Todoroki on the other hand was in his room crying for the first time in years. He had always stayed a safe distance away from people. So that he wouldn't get to attached, so when they left it wouldn't hurt as much. He left his guard down with Sero and now he was gonna lose him and there was nothing he could do. He decided that on his birthday if Sero was still here he would confess his feelings for the other. He decided he should get some rest so he rolled over and slowly drifted off to sleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------
It had been about a week since everything happened and everyone had been trying to spend as much time with Sero as they could but he honestly just wanted to spend time with his small friend group and Todoroki. He had told his parents about everything the day after he found out. They didn't agree with his decision to not have the surgery but they knew they had no control over it. Sero still done everything like normal just would have to take pauses and throw up petals. He felt a little stranger as he woke up this morning though like something was on his face so he walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and was shocked by what he says. He slowly touched his face and gasped,
"A flower? It's getting worse, there is now a flower on my face" he whispers to himself. He hears someone coming into his dorm already knowing who it is he walks back into his room.
"So I know we are going to the festival today so I thought-" Todorit said while he was closing the door but when he turned and seen the flower on Seros face he dropped his stuff and froze. Sero just laughed Todoroki,
"It's okay. It doesn't hurt, it's one of the effects. As my love grows stronger and I get worse flowers start to grow." Sero says like it's nothing. Todoroki walks over and softly touches the flower on Seros cheek.
"Wow.. I knew it would get worse soon just didn't know this soon. We still have another week till my birthday. Don't die on me yet okay?" Todoroki says walking back to his spot picking up his things. Sero smiles at Todoroki and walks over to help him.
"Yes sir will do. No dying till after you're 18." He says. Todoroki just rolls his eyes. He had gotten used to Seros dark humor with the subject.
"Anyways. I thought that we since we are going to the festival we could use new outfits so I got us something." Todoroki says at he hands Sero a bag.
"Go try it on and lemme see" Sero laughed but didn't argue. He went and put on the clothes. He walked back out to see Todoroki has also changed. They were both wearing black skinny jeans, the only difference Sero had a black and yellow shirt on while Todoroki had a White and red shirt on. Sero laughed and Todoroki turned and looked at Sero.
"What's so funny?" He said and Sero just shook his head.
"Nothing. We kinda match. You wearing your black converse?" Sero asked looking through his closet.
"Yeah I am." Todoroki laughed. Sero walked over to his bed putting his black converse on making Todoroki laugh at him. He looked up at him,
"What are you laughing at handsome?" Sero said which caused Todoroki to blush. He then sat on Seros lap and looked at him.
"Just thought was cute you wanted to match me even more." Todoroki said teasing Sero. Sero pushed Todoroki off his lap and blushed. He and Todoroki always flirt but it hasn't happened as much since Todo found out about Seros sickness.
"Come on loser we gotta go" Sero offered Todoroki his hand. Todoroki took it and Sero helped him up.
"Yeah yeah, I'm coming jerk" he said grabbing his bag he brought with him. With that they left and headed to the festival with their friends. When everyone seen the flower they didn't ask because they already knew what it was from. Everyone just ignored it, wanting to have a good day with Sero. No one was sure how long he really had and it seemed like everything was getting worse. So they decided just to have fun today.