Chapter 7-The Gala

A/N: This is a self-indulgent part of this fic but I hope you enjoy it as well!

Songs you can listen to for maximum effect:

Can't help Falling in love - Kina Grannis version
Ever the Same - Rob Thomas
Iris - Goo goo dolls

Music for Yutamaki dance: Eugen Doga - Gramophone Waltz

Music for Gojohime dance ft Yutamaki: Iosif Ivanovici - Waves of the Danube

(I was listening to these while writing this haha)

-xxx-

Roaming hands carefully selecting the best suit in the rack and then snagging one outfit when it caught his eyes. Satoru passionately whirls around to show it.

"This one!"

Yuta eyes the grey suit. It is one of the many costly clothes that they bought before. He doesn't wear formal clothes daily and since his cousin has a specially made wardrobe, Yuta insisted that Satoru should keep it for him.

"This will go well with your black turtleneck. And as for the pants, you can never go wrong with black pants." Satoru waits for him to change with the outfit he chose. He dons a well-tailored midnight-blue tux over a white shirt with a black bow. He looks dashing as usual and can rock every style. Satoru doesn't need extra effort to look attractive, unlike other men. He rarely wears any accessories but tonight's festivity requires him to be a fashionable so he has his black and silver Rolex watch around his left wrist.

When Yuta is done, he adjusts the neck part of his outfit. Satoru stares at him with appreciation, knowing exactly what to do with his hair. He pushes Yuta to sit down in front of a mirror, grabs a comb and pomade from a drawer.

He hums an unknown tune while doing Yuta's hair expertly and with swift movements. Talk about someone whose expertise is to woo women of all ages, maybe Yuta doesn't have to worry about the result.

"There!" Satoru exclaims approvingly and Yuta nearly didn't recognize himself as he gaped in the mirror.

If someone told him that he will be engaged three months ago, living in an upscale house, will study in a school for sorcerers, and attend a lavish soiree, he will laugh at them and say it's like a pig flying in the sky. Not for a moment Yuta did think that one day, these would happen to him. His life must be a fairytale but the fairy godmother is in the form of a white-haired eccentric man.

Satoru sprays him cologne and Yuta shuts his eyes voluntarily, as if he's like a mosquito being sprayed with insecticide at the amount of cologne his cousin put on him. But it smells refreshing, clean, and woody, completing his confidence boost for the occasion.

"Let's go and meet the girls."

"Yeah." Yuta straightens up, stepping out of the room to check on the girls.

A make up artist arranges Maki's hair in a messy bun, twisting it until it is shaped into a flower. Her face is framed by slightly curled loose strands and she wears dangling earrings with emerald stone befitting her green hair and eyes while on her wrist are silver bangle bracelets. The stylist dabs a coral-colored lipstick that suits her age and complexion.

"You look amazing, Maki!" Utahime compliments giddily, witnessing how the athletic young woman transforms into an enthralling maiden.

"Thank you, you look beautiful as well, sensei." Maki returns the compliment with a smile as the stylist did some finishing touches on her makeup.

Utahime is next to her, wearing an off-shoulder purple tulle lace evening dress from Satoru. Her hair is tied in a complex braided hairstyle that falls dramatically down one shoulder.