Bonding time with in-laws

Once Esther and Finn left the room to go get with the modern time, Bonnie slumped on the couch when her husband followed and draped his arm over her shoulders and pressed a kiss to her forehead, rubbing her arm.

"Are you okay now my darling?"

Bonnie sighed, leaning into her husbands touch.

"It's weird looking at them," she gestured to the Mikaelson siblings who were sat on the opposite sofas, staring at the pair.

Klaus chuckled coldly.

"You think it to be weird looking at us, witch? You're the one acting all lovey dovey with my brother!"

Bonnie sighed, "I take it back. I didn't miss him."

Kol only chuckled at his wife's misery.

"How did this even happen?" Rebekah demanded, gesturing between the pair.

Her wily fox of a brother who kills mercilessly.

The sacrificial little witch who was loyal to her friends.

And they're sitting next to each other comfortably, snuggling, and looking at each other with nothing but love in their eyes.

The couple both had a contemplating look on their face.

Then Bonnie snapped her fingers triumphantly.

"It was Niklaus."

Klaus looked shocked at the idea while Kol looked confused.

"No I think it was Mother."

Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows asking, "How was it your mother?"

"We first met at the ball that Mother had hosted."

Bonnie nodded seeing where he was going with this.

"You mean that same ball that you forced me to dance with you all night and basically leered at me."

Kol shook his head amused.

"I think the correct term is appreciating fine beauty and you had no complaints in our conversation."

Bonnie replied in disbelief, "I threatened to set burn you alive in front of everyone."

Kol smirked at her, "And that's how I knew you were the one for me darling. Comebacks to everything I said, threatening me in my own home, being a powerful witch. The fact that you almost ended Nik's existence was a bonus."

Bonnie rolled her eyes at her husbands thought process before pointing out, "Rebekah asked how we got together, not how we met."

Kol nodded his head in realisation before turning to his sister and bluntly stating, "We both died together."

"Kol." Bonnie hissed as she smacked his shoulder.

Kol merely shrugged his shoulders, "Well it's true, my darling. Had we not died, we never would've talked and seen how not so different we are."

Bonnie went to say something but Klaus had interrupted demanding, "How did you die?"

"A hunter of the 5 stabbed me through the heart with a white oak stake." Kol said not looking at any of his siblings.

Klaus reacted first.

"Hunter of the 5?! White oak stake! You're delusional Kol, they don't exist anymore."

Kol faced Bonnie with a mischievous grin on his face, "How would you like to go burn some bridges, Darling?"

Bonnie only laughed at her husbands antics before turning to Klaus, "You can join if you want."