Hello Mother-In-Law

Kol wasted no time in hugging his wife not caring that there was an audience watching, only that he needed her back in his arms again.

His wife was tiny so his head went on top of her head so he pushed his nose into her hair and inhaled her scent.

Infuriatingly, his scent is gone from her.

I guess that means he'll have to reclaim her again, he thought wickedly.

But for now he was content knowing that she was safe in his arms.

There were not any nights where he didn't sleep next to her nor mornings when he didn't wake up to her.

Yes they are two incredibly stubborn people and when they argue it's hell in their home but it's rare they ever do argue especially after the kids they're more in sync and they always work it out in the end.

He snaps out of his thought track when he hears a sniffle coming from his wife.

Kol takes her out of his hold yet rests his hands on her shoulders to look into her eyes and was shocked to find tears building up in her eyes.

Yet she refused to let them fall.

A feeling of pride ignites inside him at his wife's stubbornness.

Even when staring death in her face she refused to show weakness.

A true Mikaelson indeed she is even without being born one, Kol knew the day he talked with her at the ball, truly talked with her that this was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. 

Bonnie knew that Kol was thinking about her. 

He always drifts off into a sort of love sick fool daze when he thinks about her and when she called him out on it the day they danced at their 7th date, he declared that 'he's her love-sick fool'. 

She 100% didn't blush the entire way home after that statement.

She realises he's looking at her for answers as to why she has tears in her eyes.

"I couldn't feel the bond." She whispered out finally. A look of realisation passed on Kol's face as he realised why his wife was upset now.

"I couldn't feel you or the kids when I woke up. And I thought they got you again." she says 'they' venomously.

Kol understood where Bonnie was coming from.

The last time him and their kids were taken from her because of them, Bonnie didn't let them out of her sight for two months.

Not until she knew that they all of them were safe and at home with her.

Yes, the had kids whined a lot about Bonnie being an overbearing mother hen ,since they were teenagers and young adults, but in reality Kol knew that their kids were relieved to be safe in their mothers arms again.

Kol took Bonnie in his arms and kissed her forehead gently.

"I'm right here Bonnie. And I'm not going anywhere. Not unless you're by my side, my darling."

Bonnie snorted and said against his chest , "Sap."

Kol chuckled and as he took her by her hand and kissed it before replying, "Ah but I'm your sap Bonnie darling."

And then the couple gazed into each others eyes lovingly.

The End.