Episode 02

A Hundred years is long time, especially when it turns you from a harmless caterpillar to a deranged beast. If that girl that drowned was the love of his life, all this waiting would have been for nothing. Maybe Stefan was right, he thought, it might have been Katherine who managed to escape the tomb all on her own. None of this was making any sense to him even after weeks of research of his own. That being said, he found himself standing on Sheila's front porch on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

His heightened senses told him about a gathering happening inside and as for Bonnie, he can sniff her out without having to hear the sound of her voice. The whole Lockwood family was also there.

"Can you guys feel that?" Bonnie asked. With that, the vampire decided to knock and Sheila opened the door.

"What do you want, Salvatore?"

"Isn't it amazing that the mini you can sense the dead? Which I find weird since she now hangs out with my baby brother." He tried to appear serious.

"Salvatore, what do you want?" Her look and voice deadpan since she already knew what he was trying to do. She decided to continue after noticing that he won't respond. "I've already told your brother to leave us alone, which he has been doing."

Damon busted out of laughter. "It's cute that you think that. I'm here to ask about Bon Bon's friend, Elena was it? Just wanna pay my condolences."

"I already know what this is about. The tomb was never invaded and I've insured that no one escaped. The girl was Elena Gilbert. Your Katherine is still safe and sound."

"Well, how about she's safe and sound out here?" He hissed and before Sheila could teach him some manners, Richard Lockwood, Tyler's father appeared behind Sheila.

"Is everything okay here?" Wearing his casual attire that he managed to make it look smart.

"Not really," Sheila stated. "I was about to get rid of the trash."

Damon narrowed his eyes before clenching his jaw. "I see being friends with the mayor has its privileges." With that, he left.

After Sheila closed the door, she found Richard's face front on. "Don't start," she scolded.

"Sheila, I'm not sure if you've noticed but that was a vampire on your porch and if my hearing wasn't deceiving me, I wouldn't guessed that it's Damon Salvatore."

"It was Damon Salvatore," she said calmly but in a whisper not to alert others.

"We need to tell them. They need to be prepared. You heard how Stefan had been following Bonnie around," he whispered back.

"We will. Just not now. Bonnie is not ready."

"Tyler told me how she's been distracted lately. Do you know why?" She rolled her eyes. "Because of this Stefan. I'll be informing the rest of the Founders Council."

"You're overreacting. Bonnie is smart enough to stay away from the Salvatores."

"And if she isn't?" He asked.

"I'll pass my message loud and clear to those vultures." She moved to get with the others.

~~~

The Lake

Being drawn into someone can be dangerous, accelerating and if not downright crazy. His eyes matched her own, laying on a blanket facing each other without any word spoken at first, for the longest time. While one arm was balancing them, the other caressed the person near.

Fall was already here, but the girl was still showing of her legs in the summer dress that her actual boyfriend got her. This boy she was with was her friend, just her friend. Yes, they passed small touches on each other but nothing more.