Episode 03

Somewhere unknown

Few Months Ago

A very chic hazel coffin laid in the middle of an abandoned mansion, a very sophisticated in a tailored suit man glaring down at it with his brunette bob cut and a bit of long hair in the front.

"She's dead," a man that has just walked in said. If he had a heart beat, it'll be trying to throb out of his chest.

"Who's dead?" He asked without giving the man a glance, hand in his pocket while shifting his weight to another leg.

"Elena Gilbert, the doppelganger," he said while trying hard enough not to sound frightened.

"How did it happen?" He asked, his voice so poise as it conflicted his feelings.

"She drowned along with her parents."

Elijah sighed. "I'm guessing you wouldn't be here if you didn't have anything useful since you've promised me the girl, alive."

"I have sire. I was tailing her friends for a while and learnt that there were certain vampires that returned. One of them is planning on getting Katherine back from some tomb. His name is Damon Salvatore and his brother, Stefan, is chasing around a witch called Bonnie Bennett."

That got Elijah's attention as he met the vampire's gaze. "Bennett?"

"Yes, the granddaughter of Sheila Bennett. But she doesn't know what she is or anything about her family history." The vampire stiffened when he witnessed Elijah smile for the first time in his presence as he continued. "Sheila isn't interested in vampire business and is doing everything she can to keep this Bonnie out of it. She also has the mayor Lockwood on her side who leads the Founders Council. His son is dating her granddaughter."

"I see. You've done well." He turned back to the coffin. "I'll be gone for a couple of days, keep watch of the coffin," he said as he made his way out.

He instructed his GPS to take him to Mystic Falls but planned on grabbing a contingency plan along the way. Mystic Falls, he thought a place he hasn't seen for a very long time.

~~~

Parking his car outside Mystic Grill and made his way through. He compelled a server called Matt about everything he needed to know about Bonnie Bennett and Elena Gilbert while sipping his whiskey. He made sure that the blonde will supply him with more information as soon as he has it before deciding to take a walk in the town square.

He glared at a building oddly not realizing a caramel skin girl on the bench staring at him, oddly. It was where his home used to be almost thousand years ago. "Are you okay?" She questioned while knitting her eyebrows.

He chuckled as glared down for a moment. "I would like to believe so." The girl's face softened as their gaze was locked with ones expression mirroring the other. Elijah quickly snapped out of it, remember that she was just a teenager who didn't appear close to being of legal age in other countries, let alone the USA. "I'll be off now," he said while bowing his head.

"Well, good luck with your journey," the girl teased, "and try not to zoom out in the middle of the highway." They both chuckled before he left and Bonnie got back to her novel after meeting a friendly stranger.