Bhl x reader | Home

Note: He's referred to as Harper and there's a lot of fanservice to my friends here because he has like no canon info 🙄 😒 -Feral

The hands on the mounted clock had wound around their axis' all day. Well more accurately since their conception; but only today had you noticed their perpetual migration. Today was the first work day since the holiday break and the first spent in his house.

Alone.

Despite the freezing January temperatures the AC continued to run. You knew he wouldn't care if you turned it off. You knew that you would be a lot more comfortable with it off than on.
You knew he would tell you even if it did bother him he prefers your comfort over his. And yet here you sat. Swaddled in a rocking chair by numerous knitted blankets, cats huddling up to you for comfort (and warmth), and staring intensely up at the clock.

The unlocking of the front door stirred you from your thoughts. After stepping inside the blue haired lawyer set down his suitcases and looked at you. His once relieved face became confused.

"Why are you all- Jesus it is cold in here!" He approached the AC, promptly turned it off, then turned to you.

"I know you're nervous about staying at my place, but you don't have to put yourself through that just because you're nervous. You know I'd never be mad."

You knew he was gonna say that.

Without replying you looked down at the cat in your lap. It was Microwave, one of your favorites. He was a cat equivalent of a mutt adopted by Harper when he was only a few months old. He only had one eye, his right. It was green. You continued petting his gray fur.

"I'm going to get changed why don't you move to the couch?"

You looked up at him, an eyebrow raised.

"The heater's near there." He took off his watch. "Also I'm cold to and there's more room."

A smile crept onto your face. He returned it and started towards his room.

"Can we watch a movie tonight to?"

He stopped and looked back at you.

"Depends... I have work tomorrow. "

"We can watch The Aristocats."

He looked at the clock then back again.

"I don't see why not."