.You're Back.

(Angst(?) w/ comfort)
Tsukishima and Kuroo are adults and live together in this chapter :]

Tsukishima was on his 3rd bowl of cereal, he didn't have the energy to cook something. Even when he did he always accidentally made too much for himself. He made enough to make for two. Kuroo has gone to another city for some volleyball games with his team and had promised him that it'd only take a month.

It had been 2 months and Kuroo never called or sent texts. Sure Tsukishima tried calling him and checking up on him but no matter what he did, he never got a response. He had red puffy eyes from crying, and didn't bother dressing nicely anymore. He didn't invite anyone over, even when  they tried checking on him.

He dressed lazily and lost multiple hours of sleep, it was seven in the afternoon and he was sitting on the couch watching tv. Tsukishima felt disgusted with himself, he didn't know why he was overreacting. He could survive without kuroo, hell they weren't even engaged. Still, Tsukishima missed him, his unfixable hair, his laugh, his warmth, his compliments. Everything. He didn't know how to feel, was he supposed to be angry, upset, emotional? He simply didn't know.

Just then the front door open, Tsukishima didn't budge figuring it would be someone like Hinata checking up on him again.

"Hey little berry!"

He perked up and looked towards the front door, and to his surprise, Kuroo was standing there. With his arms spread out, as if he was expecting a hug, "I'm home!" he said in a cheerful tone. Tsukishima was furious, he turned red, and this time it wasn't blush. It was like his built up anger was trying to escape.

He thought he didn't have tears left to cry, still yet, he began to cry. With a angry look on his face. He stood up and looked at his boyfriend directly in the eye,

"You asshole."

"What?"

"YOU ASSHOLE! YOU EXPECT A HUG? AFTER NOT RESPONDING OR SENDING TEXTS?!"

"Kei, what's the matter? You're scaring me..-"

"Oh I'm scaring you?! You said you'd only be gone for 1 month! You never sent me anything! And when it was your turn to come back I went out of my way to make a big fucking dinner which I had to eat alone! I WAITED AT THE AIRPORT FOR 5 FUCKING HOURS AND YOU NEVER ARRIVED."

"Oh Berry you didn't watch the news?."

Kuroo felt guilt, but he couldn't do anything but approach him, only for Tsukishima to push him away and run to their shared bedroom. His glasses falling off in the progress. A little crack on them from falling. He hated seeing his boyfriend upset. But it wasn't his fault.

An earthquake had hit the city a day after one of his games, causing all internet to go out and plane rides being stopped. And of course, Kuroo had spent all his data on the way to the city. He knew Tsukishima would be worried since his boyfriend suffers from separation anxiety.

Kuroo went to their bedroom and opened the door, thankfully it wasn't locked and he walked in, seeing Tsuki wrapped in blankets. He sat on the bed and reached to hold his hand, Tsuki saw this coming and moved his hand away. "Berry please."

"fuck off. I don't want excuses."

"... ok but. Go on your phone and search the news of 3/14 this year, ok?."

Then I walked out, going to the kitchen. The dishes weren't washed and everything was messy, 2 blankets on the couch, 15 of our plates remaining unwashed, opened chips, messed up table with wine sitting in the middle of it, and completely melted candles on our coffee table. Oh dear, this is not my boyfriend. He hates having things any type of messy.

{Time Skip}

Kuroo was sitting on the couch watching TV, he was still extremely worried about Tsukishima, as if on Que, Tsukishima sped out of the room and jumped on Kuroo, sobbing. Mumbling sorry's.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry.. Please don't leave, I'm an idiot!"

Kuroo pat his boyfriend's back, he felt horrible, he kissed boyfriend and hushed him. None of them were to blame, Tsukishima had every right to be upset at kuroo, and Kuroo is simply couldn't change the future.

"I'ts okay berry, It's okay. No one is to blame. I'm not upset."

"I should've watched the news, i'm sorry."

"It's fine, I can't really blame you."

"hm."

"I haven't seen you cry this hard since that time you broke your ankle"

"Ugh don't remind me."

He chuckled, stocking Tsukishima's soft blonde locks. Oh how beautiful his boyfriend was. He felt almost too lucky to be able to win his heart, Tsukishima always comforted him and re=assured him when he thought he wasn't good enough for him. So now it's Kuroo's turn to return the favor.

"How about I cook tomight, does that sound okay?"

Tsukishima nodded,
"yes that would be nice Kuroo-San."

"Great, I love you."

Tsukishima only hummed in response.

{End!}

{6/18/2021}

{Edited, 6/22/2021}