.Insomnia.

{Adult AU}
{Fluff}

Kuroo always found it hard to sleep, he didn't know why. He usually went to sleep at around 3 am, 2 am if he was lucky, and even if he woke up and 12 pm that morning he'd still feel tired. It was confusing to him. Tsukishima was always concerned but he told him not to worry, after all it wasn't a big deal.

Tonight, Tsukishima was working late at his job, it was currently 1;30 am and Kuroo was on his phone. It was better than tossing and turning constantly for 30 fucking minutes. I mean, you get tired of that really quick. He had his head phones plugged in while scrolling through social media.

Tsukishima had opened the front door without Kuroo listening, because of course, he was wearing headphones. Meanwhile, Tsukishima was trying to quietly walk to their bedroom just incase his boyfriend was asleep, he dropped his jacket on the floor. Not bothering to look for something to hang it on, I mean, it was pretty late.

He walked in their bedroom only to find Kuroo on his phone, sneaking up by his side he pulled Kuroo's headphone's out. His boyfriend looked up to him nervously, "Hey.."
"Shut up. Why aren't you asleep."
Kuroo didn't respond, he just put his phone down and scooted over a little bit, to which Tsukishima scoffed, taking off his long sleeved shirt and laid next to his boyfriend.

Silence was the only thing that could be heard, "So.. You gonna explain now?" Kuroo sighed and put his phone down on the ground, to try to avoid him grabbing it again. "I dunno.. I just haven't been able to sleep these past couple of days. And it's not like I'm getting nightmares either, I just.. can't"

Tsukishima kissed his boyfriends cheek softly, "Do you think you have insomnia baby?" Kuroo paused, he never thought about that. "Maybe it's stress from my volleyball team."
"kuroo.. you haven't met up with your team in a little over a month. It's not that."

Kuroo sighed, he didn't want to admit it but maybe his boyfriend was right, maybe he did have insomnia. But why? Suddenly his boyfriend reached for his phone and searched something on youtube, once he found what he looked for he connected it to the speaker in their room and suddenly, soft rain sounds echoed in the room.

"Um.. what's this for?"

"For comfort, I heard it helps. You always take care of me so now it's your turn to get babied."

The spiky haired boy chuckled at that, he loved getting babied, though he'd never admit it, it showed. Tsukishima changed positions so Kuroo would be the little spoon, and so him being the big spoon. Kuroo's heart became overfilled with joy, he was almost never the little spoon but when he was, he loved it.

His boyfriend reached for kuroo's hair, softly playing with it and untangling it with his fingers. Of course being gentle while doing so.

"Can you talk to me about your day?"

"Uhm.. okay." The blonde said. Tsukishima proceeded to talk about his day quietly, he talked about how a kid tried to take one of the dinosaur bones, and when he was studying some fossils and bones they realized that it was some sort of weird fish.

Kuroo let out soft hums to imply that he was listening, soon, the tangled haired boy's eyes became heavy and found it hard to keep them open. His body had begun to relax and his breathing became lighter, he shuffled to get closer into his boyfriend's warmth, and soon enough, he had fallen asleep.

Tsukishima was still rambling until realizing that Kuroo was responding anymore, he leaned his head over a little bit and laughed lightly when he saw his beloved was sleeping in his arms. Laying his head on his pillow, he also began to fall asleep. Planting a few kisses on the back of Kuroo's neck.

"I could do this any day."

{End}

{6/22/2021}

{Edited, 6/22/2021}