[002] Sickly People Dislike Fighting

BALASANDHYA EMPIRE
CAPITAL CITY UMER

In an abandoned temple where the walls seemed to have cracks and cobwebs surrounded each corners, few young girls ranging from ages - 12 to 15 were huddled together.

Their dresses were tattered and dirty from being kept there for days with drugged food fed to knock them out everyday.

Every girl hugged herself with her knees closing near her body as they struggled to stop their trembling bodies. Their arms and legs were bound, and the windows and doors were shut tight.

A girl who looked a bit more brave bit her lips and whispered, "You all should not lose hope. We will definitely get away from here."

She did not want their morales to go down and was constantly whispering to them.

"How... how can we even get away? We-we are here for so many d-days and giving any hope is useless," Another girl stuttered as she rubbed her hands, her flimsy tattered dress was not providing any warmth against the chilly winds.

"We can't lose hope—"

The first girl stopped talking and shrunk back when some men entered the room. Their greasy faces and leering smiles terrified them to the core.

The girls in the room just hit puberty and so were in the age of getting betrothed or married since the age of marriage was fifteen in Balasandhya Empire. They were afraid that these men might taint their only precious possession - their dignity.

"Look here, we have some good products. Their skin is so good and see their hands - one look and you could say they came from good households." A man with a receding hairline drawled as he observed the girls.

The 20 something girls were all abducted by them from various provinces.

A stern looking man glared at him, "You forgot that we have to offer these girls to the Master."

"It's not bad to enjoy them a bit, you see." Another man, who was a bit shot and had a lot belly rubbed his hands and said, "These girls are infinitely better than those prostitutes. Skills can't compare but their freshness is on another level."

The girls trembled as some started crying. They were ready to bite their tongue to kill themselves if these men came near.

Some were looking around to shield themselves with any object around while some were just blank and started regretting immensely the moment they left their houses for errands.

But when they saw the sheathed swords hanging by those men's waist, all of them couldn't help but find themselves at their wits end.

Suicide was better than getting tortured under them, a similar though swirled in their mind.

A young girl at the side was however different. Sitting against the wall, she quietly ate the food in the bowl which was nothing but a simple porridge. These were the foods given to the girls in order for them to live.

Some couldn't eat due to anger and fear but she was different. She needed energy if not how could she proceed with her plan?

Her long hair covered other's view of her face. She was quiet like a dumb person and deaf as if she never listened to their obscene remarks. It did not bother her because to her, they were nothing but dogs that were barking after coming out of their leash.

A girl beside her with wide eyes and dark skin angrily said, "Eat. Eat. Eat. You know nothing other than to eat. Could you even understand where we are and in what state we will be?"