4: Dinner

Courtney sat at the table awkwardly. She knew that Cameron's grandparents knew who she was. She just had to keep this act up long enough so that she could make sure that Cameron find out who she was.

"So Courtney, how's everyone doing?" Cameron's grandmother asked. "Good" Courtney replied.

After about 30 minutes of silence, it was 7:00. And they were all done eating. "Courtney, can I show you something?" Cameron asked. Courtney nodded.

Cameron's grandparents looked at him as if the were saying 'don't tell her anything'

Cameron took Courtney outside. "What did you want to show me?" Courtney asked.

"I think we need to not keep secrets from each other. I have something you need to see" Cameron said. Courtney's face fell.

Suddenly, ice came out of Cameron's hands. Courtney was shocked. "What?" She said. 

"My dad was icicle, and apparently I have powers to" Cameron said. "But don't tell my grandparents that I told you this." He added

Then Cameron remembered the glowing stick he saw in Courtney's window.

"By the way, was that flying glow stick I saw in your window?" Cameron asked.

Courtney froze. "Uhhhhh" she replied. She knew she was trapped. She had to tell him the truth.

"Okay, the truth is, I'm Stargirl." Courtney said. Cameron felt like he'd just been told that the whole world was going to be destroyed.

"Did you kill my dad?" Cameron asked sadly. "Why do you think I'd do that??" Courtney replied.

"That's what my grandparents said" Cameron said. Courtney knew that she couldn't do this whole thing by herself.

"You need to come with me" Courtney said. Cameron didn't ask any questions, he just followed her.

Hi hammys!

Thanks for reading! Hopefully I'll post the next chapter soon!